Kahr Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun

Thread: Worn Out Kahr PM9?

Default Worn Out Kahr PM9?

Eventually, after many rounds, probably well over 50k rounds, the frame will crack in some part from the sheer number of rounds alone or the slide rails will fail, at which time the pistol will have reached the end of its service life. So I'm wondering, if a pistol's frame cracks or slide rails fail because it's reached the end of its service life, would Kahr replace the pistol under warranty, or if a pistol fails because it's the end of its service life the warranty would no longer apply?

Thanks

Dunno. Not something that keeps me awake at night.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

We have a member here that had well over 50k rounds through his. Last I heard it was still going strong.

Lol, this is the year of 2022, with FJB as Potus. 50,000 rds? Ammo and food is not cheap. Do not even mention gas. Man that is a lot of cash. I thought I was going through a lot when my Nano reached 15,000. I slowed way down in the past two years. I love the CM9. Like it so much, I bought two. Between them both, I have to say I am not worried about 50,000 rds for a long time. If that is a concern, buy another one now. Doesn't the PM, have a life time warranty? I would think a Cracked frame or rails would be covered.

FJB will most likely kill us all before your gun reaches 50K. Remember the SOB still has two years left.

50,000 rounds, that's one box of ammo, 50 weeks per year, for 20 years. I'd say you got your money's worth.
    But... how likely is a polymer frame to crack? No idea. I know metal frames crack after a lot of use, or abuse, but never had a polymer one fail.
    NRA Benefactor