Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to me CM9

Default New to me CM9

I've been on the lookout for a decent deal on one of these for a while and finally managed to snag one. This was posted on a local gun forum late Friday night. I just happened to be browsing while laying in bed and immediately messaged the seller. You have to be quick on this particular forum or you'll miss out! Well, I was the first to message him and we agreed to meet yesterday. I got the gun and two holsters for $300. Unfortunately the holsters are "wrong handed" so they will both find their way to new homes soon. I'm getting ready to head to the range now. I will report back this evening.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Looks great, enjoy!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Great find and glad you got what you wanted. I recently acquired one on here as well from a fellow forum member. It is my second go round with a CM9. I have yet to shoot it due to being so busy, but am looking forward to doing so. Congrats again!

It's definitely a shooter. I ran 50 rounds of 115gr fmj through it without a hitch. I also ran 12 rounds of American Handgunner 124gr jhp through it with no problems. I have to be careful with the defensive ammo as it's difficult to get locally right now. I have to drive over an hour each way to an Academy Sports for my four box limit if I want reasonably priced hollow points. The next time I make the trek to Tallahassee or Dothan I'll pick up some more to run through it. I'm pretty surprised at how easy it is to shoot accurately. I don't really shoot for groups. I have some 6"-8" steel plates that I shoot at. It was no problem to keep all rounds on the 6" plate at 10 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Great find and glad you got what you wanted. I recently acquired one on here as well from a fellow forum member. It is my second go round with a CM9. I have yet to shoot it due to being so busy, but am looking forward to doing so. Congrats again!
    I was wondering if it was satisfactory to you. Now get out there and shoot it!

Looking forward to your range report.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Looks like the holsters are the wrong side for me, too, but I don't have any for a PM9. if you're interested in selling that slimmer, 2nd one, I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by tokuno View Post
    Looks like the holsters are the wrong side for me, too, but I don't have any for a PM9. if you're interested in selling that slimmer, 2nd one, I'm interested.
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Take a look in the classifieds section. I heard the prices are pretty good!

Last edited by DGladden; 06-27-2022 at 09:21 AM.

Congrats on the great CM9. I truly love them. Here is a pic of a OWB holster I just received from Alabama Holsters. I have never found a Kydex OWB that I liked. I wanted one that is light weight, rides high and CLOSE to the body. This holster is top notch.Perfect fit, edges rounded off very smoothy. Look at the Wings of this holster. That is what I first noticed, and they do make the gun ride very close to the body. Cost was $85.00 and a three week wait but worth it. I really liked the fact that I could choose my "BELT" size. Not just the same ole "fits any belt up to crap". I wanted a precise fit. My Gun Belt is size 1.5.
    I am ordering one for my CM9. If you do not like OWB then you might consider a IWB from them. JMO
    This one was ordered for my GX4

Here is their IWB holster. Yea, $85.00 is kind of high, there are cheaper ones out there. I have a

https://alabamaholster.com/product/i...tband-holster/

Also for the CM9 I also have a Muddy River IWB that is a very nice holster for about $45.00.

Good Luck with the CM. You are going to love it.

https://muddyrivertactical.com/iwb-kydex-holsters/

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I was wondering if it was satisfactory to you. Now get out there and shoot it!

Looking forward to your range report.
    I’ve got a few new and “fixed” one’s that I’ve been wanting to go shoot, including the one you sold me. Been trying to coordinate with the wife too as she needs to familiarize herself better with her guns. Being a holiday weekend is coming up, we may just get in a range visit and I’ll certainly post up about it once I do. Gonna practice some with my laser trainer between now and that day. I have no reason to believe that the CM9 will perform any different with the great triggers these Kahr’s have. I’m just hoping to “feel” right with the grip and am thinking those little extensions might just do the trick!

Not sure if these guys do kydex holsters or not but if you want a very nice handmade leather IWB or OWB holster check out American Leathersmith holsters down in Round Rock Texas…..I have a belt holster for my PM9 and a nice paddle holster for my M&P 9 and both are as well made as the big name brand holsters I own and were half the price……Give um a look and give a very nice guy named Blue a call and he will help you out…….. www.americanleathersmith.com