Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: July...with a bang!

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Now that’s a tip!
    When I was stationed in Japan, I got my drivers license so I could be a taxi driver on base when not on duty. Took some getting used to, driving on the opposite side of the car, on the opposite side of the road. On one of my first pick-ups (from the “E club”, a bar for the enlisted folks), about halfway across the base I realized I was driving on the wrong side of the road. I said out loud, “Oh crap! I’ve been driving on the wrong side of the road”! My drunk passenger said, “Yeah, I wasn’t gonna say anything. I wasn’t sure if it was because I’m drunk, but I wanted to see what would happen”.
    What years Bird? I was stationed there from 1975 through 1979 and drove base taxi also. Worked for Mike English who ran the shop back thenl
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    What years Bird? I was stationed there from 1975 through 1979 and drove base taxi also. Worked for Mike English who ran the shop back thenl
    I think I’m a lil younger than you. I was there 1993-1995. But, for some reason, the name Mike English sounds very familiar.
    My best friends dad was there back in the 70’s as well. He showed me pictures of what “The Honch” looked like back then. It had sure changed when I was there. Went back to see it when visiting my wife’s family (I married a Yokohama girl) in 2016 and it had changed a lot from what I had remembered.
    Man, those WWII caves all over the base sure were spooky!!!

AT LEAST YOU GOT THE GIRL, ALL i GOT WAS SOME YOKOHAMA TIRES FOR MY JEEP. GOTTA SAY I REALLY LIKE THEM THOUGH
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

"If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Well got home from fishing few hours ago, too damn hot to even unload. Right broilin out there.
    Didn't catch too many fish but enough, kind of lost my fishin mojo I guess, didn't try too hard.
    Did bring home a 9 week old Miniature Schnauzer. Found her day before we left. Cute little bugger, a friend had one and I really liked it, finally took on a pup after losing our dog a few months back. Should be interesting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Cute little guy!
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

For a minute there, I thought you were gonna maybe cook it along side of the fish. Trout with a side of Schnauzer!?!?! Yeah, cute lil guy. Bet he is happy to have a new home!

Quote Originally Posted by GROTMAN View Post
    AT LEAST YOU GOT THE GIRL, ALL i GOT WAS SOME YOKOHAMA TIRES FOR MY JEEP. GOTTA SAY I REALLY LIKE THEM THOUGH
    Lol! Yokohama's test track is just a bit on the other side of a bay area by my wife's house. You can hear them drifting and burning out over there. I would say by the sounds that they certainly do test the bounderies of those tires! But, I'd rather have the girl!

Welcome back Colonel. You have mail.

Got to visit my baby girl for her birthday in Oregon.
    Fantastic trip