Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop

Thread: New CW380 and New Member

Default New CW380 and New Member

Hi,
    I just purchased a new CW380 and so far no problems after the first range trip with it. This is my second CW 380. The first I purchased used and it had too many problems for me to keep it unfortunately. I really liked everything about it except for the often mentioned failures to feed, extract and cycle in general with certain ammo. That particular CW 380 had them all and with all of the ammo I had on hand.

I decided to give a Kahr 380 a second chance but new this time in case a problem developed and I needed warranty service.

First range trip I took FMJs only, 12 rounds each of Federal American Eagle 95 grain round nose, Blazer 95 grain round nose, Aguila 95 grain round nose, Magtech (blue box) 95 grain round nose, Fiocchi (blue box) 95 grain round nose, Winchester (white box) 95 grain flat nose, and P&G reloads round nose. Everything except one brand cycled perfectly, including the Winchester flat nose.
    The only brand that absolutely would not cycle (no surprise) was the Fiocchi. It failed to chamber every round using 2 different magazines.......

I am no expert shooter by any means but I have a really firm grip especially when the pistols get smaller and particularly pocket size.

This Kahr CW 380 was really fun to shoot and very consistent. Hopefully it will stay that way and become my trusted pocket carry along with the Ruger LCP Max which so far has been flawless aside from the recoil impulse and trigger finger slap. This new Kahr CW 380 is much more comfortable to shoot so far which is why I wanted to try a second one. By the way, this is also my second LCP Max. The first one was an early release which also had major problems..... and went bye bye after two trips to Ruger Repair.

Glad to hear a good report.

I had a similar experience. My first Kahr 380 (CW) was a complete dud. My second Kahr 380 (CT) has been a flawless gem through 875 rounds (with the exception of some failures to lock back on an empty mag).

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Good report. My first P380 from 2015 had its growing pains (mainly broken strikers), but runs fine now and is smooth as silk after probably 2000+ rounds. My second P380, bought when a vendor had a bunch on sale for cheap at the beginning of the pandemic, has been great from the get go. It now has over 1000 rounds through it (original striker). DavidR, if I remember correctly you also picked up one of those low priced P380s. What was it, $300?
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

You’re right, they were like $300. I didn’t get one but should have.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Welcome J, and glad to hear you're second 380 is working out. They're fine guns when they run right.