Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CW9 - keep on loosing front sight

pardon this question, if the posts are "sheared " off,  how will locktite prevent shearing ? if the post is "sheared off" wouldn't it have to be rubbing against something?

Quote Originally Posted by bugs View Post
    while I did not have the front sight popping off, I wanted TFOs on my CM9 , so I had a dovetail cut into the slide; now more sight options are open for me and I know the ft. sight will be there for me. $75 for a dovetail cut beats a $50 lost tritium sight and another $50 for the chance of losing another one; go with the dovetail and be done with it.
    Sounds like an idea. Did you get it done locally or send the slide to someone?

As for the posts shearing off, the only thing I can think of is the weight of the sight vs the recoiling slide. Yeah, doesn't make much sense. That's why I'm searching for some insight with this thread.

And yes, locktite isn't a glue, but others mention using it, and I'm looking for successful ways to keep the sight in place. Loosing the sight probably isn't that common because the internet would be full off complaints and solutions if it was. There's a way to put it on correctly, but the info is not easy to find

I had the dovetail cut at a local gun shop (one of the best gun related investments I've made); looking back I did have a ft. sight come off my G21 but that was because it hit the edge of the port (early in my USPSA life) I was shooting thru; that was a wedged sight, replaced w/ a screw ft. sight and learned to stand back from the ports; now no worries.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER

Here's an update.

Received the new sight and called Kahr to get any updated information on how to properly install it. They told me that they if I sent the slide and sight in, they would install at no charge and warranty it if there are any more problems. This is on a gun that was made over 10 years ago.

It's a solid deal for me. Putting the stuff in the mail tomorrow.