Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop

Thread: Range report....

Default Range report....

Hello All,
    So, I shot today with a friend who does Church Security with me and I wanted to post some results. We had a lot of fun shooting his Rock Island 1911 .45, Kimber 1911 style 9mm compact, my Taurus T22, Kahr S9, and two Remington RM380's that I purchased for my wife and daughter. I really like the little RM380, btw and hope they begin manufacturing those again. Anyhow, I always shoot my Kahr from 90ft prior to leaving the range. Today, I managed a 5 3/4" grouping of 7rds. This is the best I've ever managed with my Kahr, which is my ccw, so needless to say I was quite thrilled. All shots are freehand. Enjoy...

Ralph
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ralph III; 07-17-2022 at 08:07 AM.

Definite minute of Ahole…..Nice shooting!

Was the eighth a flier? (I can't shoot my K9 this well at 21 ft.)

rx7sig

Quote Originally Posted by rx7sig View Post
    Was the eighth a flier? (I can't shoot my K9 this well at 21 ft.)

rx7sig
    No, no. I only shot 7rds which is what my magazine holds. When at the firing range, I don't take the time to chamber a round and then add another round to the magazine (7 + 1). That would be a lot of wasted time. So, I always just load the 7rds in my magazine and begin shooting.

I added TruGlo night sights a while back and really like those a lot. The front sight has a large white dot which is really good for quick acquisition, as desired for my ccw. However, the oversized front sight is not really meant for precision type shooting or conducive for such, of course. So, I typically aim using the very top of the sight, versus covering the bullseye with the front sight, when shooting for precision. This allows me to be very accurate from the longer distances.

Take care,
    Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph III View Post
    No, no. I only shot 7rds ...
    Thanks,

rx7sig

At 90 ft that is awesome! I would be very happy. These days I can barely do that well with a 1911 at that distance.