Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Xssights

Thread: So it turns out that I’m gender confused …

Default So it turns out that I’m gender confused …

I’ve always found the typical double stack compact or full sized pistol to be a little big for my hands. Walther recently released a compact version of the PDP with a thinner grip and a shorter length of pull. It’s called the PDP-F. Yep, F stands for female.

I handled one at my LGS and it came home with me.

I’m not much of a marksman but here’s the first 100 rounds firing at about 1 round per second. First 50 bottom right at 5 yards. Second 50 center at 7 yards. I know, I shoot like a girl.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

That looks nice! I think it’s a mistake to market it only to females. It’s as if no guy ever complained about Glock 2x4 grips. Same with slide racking force - who doesn’t want a light racking slide?
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

I like that. Reminds me of a H&K vp9sk with a walther grip. I think I like the walther grip better.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Been wanting one since I first saw one. The PDP, before the F came out. They are super nice looking in my opinion. Love the grip texture and the broad serrations. I’m hoping to find the compact grip with the full sized slide. I’ve yet to hold either one, the original or the F, so am unsure how I’d feel about the grip size variances. Hoping they make an F with the compact grip in a 5” version. Looks like it shoots well, given your results. If it feels right, it will replace my full size M&P 2.0, which I do like, but the PDP is just a way cooler looking gun than the M&P in my opinion. I hope that clip draw or techna makes one to fit it!

52135BFD-715B-4DC7-92F3-B4740398761A.jpg

I've always liked the look of the Walthers. I haven't gotten a chance to handle one in person. I just have a hard time with those triggers. Although the trigger itself could be nice, I just have trouble bonding with those types of triggers with the trigger safety. Nice looking guns though.

It took me a long time, but I finally decided that type of trigger is ok.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    It took me a long time, but I finally decided that type of trigger is ok.
    I have a few with those triggers. Yes, if one spends some time with them they are like anything else, and we can get used to them. I’m sure someone will pick up and make aftermarket deals for them. The PDP’s seem popular. I have only seen one for sale on Mos Eisley, leading me to believe those that get them want to keep them.

I had been wanting to hold one for quite a while after reading about how great they shoot but the last two gun shows we went to didn’t have either a PPQ or the newer PDP but last week I went to my LGS looking for ammo and saw a PDP in the case so I asked to see it thinking this would be awesome but I have rather small hands and the extremely long squared off trigger guard felt strange even though the grip felt really nice but that huge trigger guard would never work for me…….I also have a M&P full size and it just fits me perfectly so I’ll just keep it but I still want to hold the older PPQ to see if it is different…….