Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Kahr Shop

Thread: Red Dot on Kahr K9?

Default Red Dot on Kahr K9?

Anybody running a red dot on their K9? If so, did you have the slide milled or install a base in the rear sight dovetail? Pics?

I don't think Kahr has this option in their line.

I'd be interested in this also, especially for my CW 45.

*Tried the CTC Laserguard mount but found it lost zero after a few rounds fired. A red dot sight would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by weemsf50 View Post
    Anybody running a red dot on their K9?
    I got very lucky just after I got my K9 and bought a new-in-box Crimson Trace laser grip off a forum member here -- it's a great product (if you can find one -- has been discontinued...)

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

I just got my first optics on a handgun - settled on the Holosun 507C RMR mount, I found the optics window was significantly bigger than the optics window on red dot with RMRc mount without being overly huge. Also I like the 32MOA ring option around the 2MOA , for me target acquisition was quicker. From my research, an optics cut milled into the slide is the best way to go - I'm trying to find a place locally to mill my slide, it looks like most of the places online have a 4-8wk turnaround time. Using the dovetail adds another piece of hardware and it sits up a little high also.

I'm still mulling over whether to send my P9 to Galloway for the optics cut or to have a local GS do something so it will accept the new Leupold Delta Point Micro.

Glad yours is working out. I went down a similar path: found a Crimson Trace laser grip for my first K9. I wish it had held up as well as yours. I typically use my sights, so I'm not sure how long it was off, but I noticed a month or so after I installed it, I was shooting at an IDPA match and found it was no longer zeroed (the SO pointed it out.) I went out that weekend to re-zero it and it would hold for half a mag or so before shifting again. Some times dramatically.
    I contacted Crimson Trace and they weren't interested in repairing it due to its age. It looks good in the box sitting in the safe, thought. So I've got that going for me...

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMe View Post
    I'm still mulling over whether to send my P9 to Galloway for the optics cut or to have a local GS do something so it will accept the new Leupold Delta Point Micro.
    Update: see my thread in the Kahr tech forum. Galloway Precision did a great job milling my P9 slide.