Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which would you rather carry?

Open carry or concealed?

Open carry either, though I'm partial to 9mm personally.

Concealed, a PM9 LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    The trigger on the 226 is fantastic it has a Gray Guns trigger that is dual adjustable with no slack and very decent pull weight. Good in double action or even better in single. I kind of prefer the Sig, but I really like the 45 size bullets. Neither of these will be every day carry [they are for going into the Minneapolis War Zones, pretty much all of Minneapolis now-a-days]. Every day carry gets rotated between my Sig P220Compact or Sig P224 in 357 Sig or my Sig P938.
    I was pointing out the DA/SA trigger on that to kenemoore since he compared it to a 1911. Not really like a 1911 in DA/SA because even the small amount of takeup in SA is probably longer than a typical 1911. The DA/SA triggers on Sigs are very good right out of the box, but don't really compare closely to a typical 1911, at least imo.

If I had to narrow my choices to two in a shtf situation it would likely come down to either my P229 9mm or my P227 .45acp. I too like those big bullets But they would be a chore to pack around in any kind of quantity. The 9mm would allow one to take more when bugging out, and they work in other options too.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    The trigger on the 226 is fantastic it has a Gray Guns trigger that is dual adjustable with no slack and very decent pull weight. Good in double action or even better in single. I kind of prefer the Sig, but I really like the 45 size bullets. Neither of these will be every day carry [they are for going into the Minneapolis War Zones, pretty much all of Minneapolis now-a-days]. Every day carry gets rotated between my Sig P220Compact or Sig P224 in 357 Sig or my Sig P938.
    since it’s for “going to town” I’d pick the FNX carried in single action.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I work as an RSO and I am finding carrying a full sized gun, even with a high quality gun belt and holster, it is much easier to carry a smaller lightweight handgun. When I carry my Sig M11A1 or XDm 4.5 it feels like I have a brick strapped to my waist. When I bought my last(?) 1911 I immediately bought a IWB holster thinking this is perfect. Worn once and back in the box o' holsters. Pretty much my work and non work carry gun is a P365.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Funny, for some odd reason I'm finding just the opposite. Of course being a full time sitter I'm in a different situation. Less movement, not walking etc. I just returned from the other side of the mountains where it was plumb hot! So I left my 1911 at home and took the 365 in the same style Garrett IWB holster. While it was not the least bit uncomfortable it just didn't feel as secure and felt a tad thicker on the hip.
    We were only gone 2 days but before even bringing our bags inside I set the 365 aside and strapped on my 1911. Just feels better for some reason. Like I say, I'm a little odd.
    Even trying to carry my Wilson, set the tupperware EAA aside although it will be kept handy to see if the slight additional weight is an issue. So far no problem.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have found the gun I grab the most when running out for errands etc. is my Sig P938 in a IWB holster. It holds 9 rounds of 9mm and just disappears and is not uncomfortable when sitting or standing. I however feel under gunned in some of the hot spot areas of the twin cities. I like the longer sight picture and higher level of accuracy that a bigger gun gives. I have found that a bigger gun is a little more uncomfortable but the trade off is worth it for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Hey Jeep, the Kimber Micro 9 8rd mags are a direct replacement for the Sig mags. How did you get 8rds in your 938 mag?

Kimber mag. I go between 7,8 or 9 rounds depending on level of concealment.
    "Life Member NRA"

Ah, yes. That's a Sig mag in the 938 in the picture though right?

Yes.
    "Life Member NRA"