CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CZ Grips

One reason I don't have a CZ, there's so many different options and models, my head spins. I would want decocker only, and seems like I would want forward rotation on the decocker but I'll have to look at that some.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The Omega trigger "system" was also put in some of their other models. As an upgrade.

The sp01 and old school 75s have same grip. I assume the hump on back side of grip is what makes it difficult for stag or bone. I've got the original style triggers on my cz's, very smooth. Not as good as a good 1911 though.

Actually the hardest part is the little hook that keeps the front of the grip tight. Hi Powers are the same way. I did one set and really nailed it, got lucky. The second hardest part is finding the right size piece of antler or bone.
    Has to be just right so you can get it thin which you have to do from the back to maintain the good looks on the outside without making the grip too small to cover the frame.
    Stag is tough really. I wondered about the SP01 and the 75's being the same, they look the same in pictures.
    I was shopping last evening so the wheels are turning, course if I get one then I need to make two sets, one for you and one for me.
    Not as good as a good 1911 gives me pause cause that's what I carry everyday, the CZ would be "different". But even if relegated to a range gun I'd still love to have one.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have three, CZ's. A PCR for carry, a SP01, and a Shadow 2. The PCR has a decocker and a decent trigger. The SP01 has a better trigger, and the Shadow2 has a great trigger, better than some 1911's. I bought the PCR to carry, more rounds than my CCO, but after a few months, went back to the CCO, not sure why, just felt right.
    NRA Benefactor

I had kind of decided the PCR was the one for me but once again confusion reins. I've always wanted a Shadow but wouldn't part with the loot. I cut loose for the Sig P210 Target which I don't regret in the least.
    So SP01 with "better trigger" might be the one. I definitely want decocker only in a normal human functioning operation like a 1911.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan