Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polish feed ramp

Default Polish feed ramp

I take a Q-tip and turtle wax rubbing compound to buff the feed ramp. I'm wondering if something like Flitz metal polish would be better. I don't want to use too much abrasive since the feed ramp is plated. What do you use?

I just use some polishing rouge and a felt wheel on my dremel. I then do a final hand polish with the flitz. It's not very aggressive. I used some 1000 sandpaper on one of them, then the polish and the flitz.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default Some get downright cranky!

Despite the pressure of non-Polish administrations, who have often attempted to suppress the Polish, a rich luster has developed over the centuries.
    They scream too much for me upon application, and it’s really difficult to get them back into the bottle, that which you don’t use.
    I use Clover, as it is also the third most widely used.
    It even smells Irish.

OK, I had to read that four times before I was sure you're nipping tonight!! Smells Irish? A fine whiskey 'tiss it?
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

What do you use?
    Nothing. Kahr ramps come ready to use, IMHO, and need no extra attention. If a 20# spring and momentum of the slide aren't enough to push a bullet and case up the ramp, there are other evil forces at work not related to a polish job. If, on the other hand, you simply enjoy fondling and loving on your guns, then have at it.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Ripley, what in all that is Holy's name is wrong with a little fondling? I kinda like to show my weapons that I still love them.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

I thought all Kahr feed ramps were made in the US of A. There are Polish ones?

And what's a 'tiss?? I've heard of 'tis, but the extra "S" version??

Every time I've seen this Polish Feed Ramp subject I've wanted to comment.

I've taken the DLT diamond cutting tools to the feed ramp on my P380 trying to improve the angle. That was a real ! It wasn't very even and cut deeply too quickly! I wound up rolling some sandpaper around the round file I had been using as well and finally got some semblance of the slight groove that used to be there and then I polished the heck out of it. I thought I was going to be buying a new barrel!
    My DLT is like the honored blade of a warrior... when unsheathed, it must be bloodied before being sheathed. DLT = Dremel Like Tool(~$24.95 at Costco)... for those of us who can't spend that much on a tool... it takes a lot to keep these beauties fed.
    Wynn
    Last edited by wyntrout; 09-22-2010 at 05:11 AM.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by jlottmc View Post
    Ripley, what in all that is Holy's name is wrong with a little fondling? I kinda like to show my weapons that I still love them.
    Nothing...that's why I said it. I just don't believe the effort is rewarded with more reliability. I put ramp polishing into the "urban myth" catagory of gun lore. The chance of doing more harm than good outweighs any gain, IMHO.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I guess I have missed alot in life but I have yet to read of damage ever done to anyone who polished his feed ramp. It is not rocket science to polish a feed ramp, most in the kahr line never need it but I certainly see no harm in polisihing a feed ramp on any gun. If it works OK out of the box, then one can assume no polish is needed and if it works good out of the box and yet one still polishs the feed ramp and it continues to work great, then one can assume he did no harm .. butmaybe added some even better rliability to the gun..

Default Oh Yeah!

If’n ya install it backwards, that’ll Polish it up real good!