CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polish feed ramp

I use a felt wheel on a Dremel and some of their polish compound to polish my entire barrel on ever Kahr I've had (3 total), I don't like the dull finish they have from the factory. the outside of my chamber looks almost chrome plated and I can see myself in my feed ramp.
    Coimhead fearg fhear na foighde

Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Memeber:Carolinashootersforum.com

When I got my new PM9 last November I thought it was perfect. Then I shot it and my baby butt smooth hand hurt like I'd been spanking a truck tire. So I got a Hogue Jr slip on grip. It racked very stiffly and the action felt rough which is normal for a new gun. I found the metal to metal parts were digging on each other so I polished them and the action was smoother. When slow racking the carry round I saw where it hangs up so I polished the ramp. When I'd slingshot a full mag through the whole action smoothed out and felt good. The end result is I really do have the confidence my PM9 will perform if needed.

All of the time I was doing this I was getting schooled by my "mentors" here. They taught me how and what to polish, how to clean the unmentionable parts (spray what up where?!), what brands of stuff to buy, and in general transformed this old, used to be gun guy of 40 years earlier into a revitalized even older gun guy. I appreciate all of you so much and if the bad ever comes down, I hope I owe my life to you.

So, the next time you break down you Kahr, look for the rubbing parts and see if they are rough as mine were or smooth as mine are now. Slingshot rounds through it and feel the action, is it smooth or feel like it scrapes on concrete? Smooth is good.

Generally a lot of stuff said here is optional but worth considering. You don't get marked down for not polishing, you just don't get invited to the prom.

Bawanna, Streicher's just shipped 400rds of P45HST2, so we can stop looking
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Outstanding news buddy. I just got another negative response from a police supplier down in California about an hour ago. You better take at least half of that extremely rare ammo and put it in a display case. I may have to track down a box just to add to my cartridge collection. Put it in the rare section.

If the bad ever does come down I hope we can be there with ya covering 6. Nobody here has to fend off the bad alone.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I toyed with buying 600 rounds and selling 400 at $1 ea to pay for mine, but the thought they may be able to fill 400 but hold my order for lack of 600 chickened me out.

I will sell the 60 or so rounds of the +P I still have though or trade it for something else like 2 8rd Wilson 45 mags for the Commander. I think you guys pretty much agree Wilson mags are the best, right?

OK Bawanna, times up.... did you get it?
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.

I GOT IT!!!

I can't believe bawanna actually owns a Cbob. It's like a replay of getting my PM45. The seller is in Charlotte NC (aka Dietrichsville). I had my FFL and CC information to them in under a minute after closing. They were pretty impressed. Not impressed enough to ship today but they assured me it will go out tomorrow so maybe by the weekend we'll be bonding, me, Cbob and Tiny, aka the 3 stooges ride again.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    I toyed with buying 600 rounds and selling 400 at $1 ea to pay for mine, but the thought they may be able to fill 400 but hold my order for lack of 600 chickened me out.

I will sell the 60 or so rounds of the +P I still have though or trade it for something else like 2 8rd Wilson 45 mags for the Commander. I think you guys pretty much agree Wilson mags are the best, right?

OK Bawanna, times up.... did you get it?
    I'm a devout Wilson fan myself, can't speak for the others. Some like the McCormicks. 400 carry rounds should last ya a long long time I'd think. I went thru a whole case of Gold Dots though (stupid). They were there and I just didn't compute how much they really cost, then they were gone and reality set in. Stupid......:32::32::32:
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Sounds like me and a bag of cookies. We got plenty so I can have a couple extra. Then it's an empty bag and I wish I'd only had 2 at a time. That's why we don't keep sweets on hand. If no ice cream I don't miss it, but if we have it I want it.

I intend to carry but not shoot the HST except for maybe a couple rounds now and then. Probably those I don't want to re-chamber any more. My intention is to not buy defense ammo in either 9mm or 45, ever again. I have 600rds of HST +P in 9mm and will have 400rds standard pressure in 45. I found I'm as good with HST as FMJ so it's a waste to shoot it.

OMG!, I didn't notice your post re the Cbob!! Congratulations Bawanna. I can just see you in a couple weeks with parts everywhere and you fondling everything like a horny surgeon, "oh, my precious!". I can't wait to see your pics!