Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Smith and Wesson 1911SC E Series 4.25

Thanks DAO.

Colonel, I love lever guns from all the great Westerns, especially Once Upon A Time In The West, Eastwood and Duvall of course, and most of Selleck's movies. I have a stack of Lamour's books ready for when I retire from the current profession and move to the next one that hopefully allows more free time.

That said, I prefer the lighter Trappers and carbines, and while I appreciate the historical calibers, I need to stick with the ones I already own...38/357/22/30-30.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Well now everybody knows.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gc4QTqslN4
    Love it! Love it! Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by iWander View Post
    Bawanna, I'm glad everyone's happy! I know several people on this forum and others, including you, have given me excellent deals on firearms so I like to pay it forward.

Birds, I also know how awesome it is to have a wife that supports your shooting habit! So if I can help you help her, and be a good enabler at the same time, I'm a happy camper.

I may have a holster laying around for it as well. If so it'll go with the gun when I drop it off at the FFL.

You'll find your adapt to the manual safety faster than you think. Like others have said, I used mine as a thumb shelf so it became automatic to know what its status was. The hardest thing for me for the brief time I carried the 1911 was going from a traditional Sig double action or a Kahr to a single action gun. Sometimes when I rushed the draw and presentation I would fire before I expected to due to the lighter trigger. That was a definite learning curve!

You have a beautiful gun coming your way and I know you'll enjoy it! May you never have to use it in anger or defense and may it bring you a lifetime of pleasure.

Now somebody be a good enabler for me and help me find that 357 Henry Big Boy side gate or X model I'm looking for!
    Thanks so much iWander! Yes, I was thinking about the holster situation, so if you find it, that sure would be a pleasant bonus! Thank you again, and for the above, kind words! Payment has been sent. I will be sending you a picture for confirmation. : )

I have a stack of Lamour's books ready for when I retire from the current profession and move to the next one that hopefully allows more free time.
    I grew up VERY poor, but my dad always had a new Lamour on hand once he finished his last. Looking back, I’m happy he had that small outlet or relief from his tough life. All he did was work, work, work to (barely) keep a roof over our heads and the lights on. I picked one up a few years ago, when visiting him as he has lost his eyesight pretty much completely and they were stacked in a back room. I started reading it and LOVED it. Lamour really could paint a picture with his words. I know one day I will go up to his place to clean it out after he passes. Those books will be added to my library and I will hopefully get to read them all one day.

Thanks DAO.

Colonel, I love lever guns from all the great Westerns, especially Once Upon A Time In The West, Eastwood and Duvall of course, and most of Selleck's movies. I have a stack of Lamour's books ready for when I retire from the current profession and move to the next one that hopefully allows more free time.

That said, I prefer the lighter Trappers and carbines, and while I appreciate the historical calibers, I need to stick with the ones I already own...38/357/22/30-30.
    I also lean towards the Trappers and carbines. I have I thought every Lamour book he ever wrote I thought. Inherited from my dad. I think there are still a few I don't have. One of my kids in an earlier life had a teacher tell him he couldn't do a book report on Lamours book since they are all the same. I sent her Last of the Breed (great book) and she changed her mind.

My Henry 45/70 was probably a poor choice but I fell in love with it. My son has the same gun, I've shot his and she bucks a might, never shot mine yet. Goes well with my Quigley Sharps knock off. Great fun for a few shots till the shoulder turns to hamburger.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Thanks so much iWander! Yes, I was thinking about the holster situation, so if you find it, that sure would be a pleasant bonus! Thank you again, and for the above, kind words! Payment has been sent. I will be sending you a picture for confirmation. : )
    If iwander don't find it I probably got some holsters in the drawer that will work good. Nice thing about 1911's, one holster works for them all pretty much.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    If iwander don't find it I probably got some holsters in the drawer that will work good. Nice thing about 1911's, one holster works for them all pretty much.
    That’s awesome Colonel. I will follow up with you and work something out if so. Thanks man!

Thanks kenemoore! Both excellent and to the point instructional vids. I am going to wear out my laser trainer getting that stuff downpat!!!
    My only alteration will be to do so shooting instinctively. Hopefully I can get as spot on doing so as I have with the CW45. I will use the sights some at the range though, just so I know where they are for my poa vs poi, just in case I have some shooting to do that’s further out than the close quarters stuff (in case I’m that “good guy with a gun” in that mall shooter scenario). Thanks again!

Took the S&W to the range today, along with a few others. It shoots great, feels great in hand, but…
    After practicing drawing and firing at home using the laser trainer cartridge, I have decided it is to go with the other 1911’s as a nice range gun. After hours and hours of draws and laser fires, I still have a 5-10% failure to grip the grip safety well enough to engage. Secondly, because of my dunlop, it must be carried very low in waist. This makes it a bit of a struggle to unholster quick enough for my liking. I am going to stick with the CW45 as my summer carry and the M&P as my winter carry. I know you guys who mean well will give good advice on how to make the 1911 work (I did get fluid at thumbing off the safety), but I am just not feeling it and doubt I ever would. Nice gun though for sure!
    On a side note, today was also the first time taking my new to me (bought here from a forum member) CM9. I can not hit the side of a barn with it. Definitely a belly gun. I am going to keep it as a back up in the safe though. Good running little gun.
    Also shot the compensated Beretta 92. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! Accurate as can be and shoots uber soft now.
    Also shot a Gold Cup I got a while back. It was nice too. I would have to say Beretta was the highlight of the day!