Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Smith and Wesson 1911SC E Series 4.25

Thank you guys! I have now gotten used to shooting a 45 at defense range and am as comfortable as can be with the caliber. This will be another hurdle for me, as I have long disliked carrying a gun with a thumb safety. All of my 1911's have (to this point) been for range fun and for fondling. I plan to practice first with my laser, snapping the safety off as I draw & fire... in hopes that I can match the speeds I've acheived with the CW45. As some of you know, I LOVE 1911's, for their cool factor (looks) and hope to get comfortable carrying such a pretty gun. Thanks again!

BTW, looked it up... 10 oz lighter than a conventional 4.25 1911, and 10 oz heavier than the CW45. Should be the best of both worlds! Won't pull my pants down, yet should be less snappy than the CW. I will give a report!

It kicks a bit (shot my son's). But not horrible. Use the thumb safety as a thumb rest. When the adrenaline flows the tension will kick the safety off. Most naturally operated safety ever designed.
    Harder to remember to put it back on really and that's not critical with the grip safety and proper finger control.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Training for a new manual of arms: a labor of love.

I have no doubt you'll feel like you've been carrying it for a long time Bird. As the Colonel says, and I'm paraphrasing, the most intuitive safety ever devised.

I've been carrying a 1911 for a good long while now. My EDC is a Dan Wesson CCO, but sometimes on the weekend, I will carry my Government model. What a weight difference!
    With practice, the safety manipulation will become automatic.
    Now, whenever I shoot a gun without a safety, my thumb still looks for it (got a mind of it's own).
    NRA Benefactor

I'm hoping yous guys experience will be my experience (thumb safety). I trust ya'll, so looking forward to "feeling it" the way ya'll do! Thsnks guys!

Well now everybody knows.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gc4QTqslN4
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Bawanna, I'm glad everyone's happy! I know several people on this forum and others, including you, have given me excellent deals on firearms so I like to pay it forward.

Birds, I also know how awesome it is to have a wife that supports your shooting habit! So if I can help you help her, and be a good enabler at the same time, I'm a happy camper.

I may have a holster laying around for it as well. If so it'll go with the gun when I drop it off at the FFL.

You'll find your adapt to the manual safety faster than you think. Like others have said, I used mine as a thumb shelf so it became automatic to know what its status was. The hardest thing for me for the brief time I carried the 1911 was going from a traditional Sig double action or a Kahr to a single action gun. Sometimes when I rushed the draw and presentation I would fire before I expected to due to the lighter trigger. That was a definite learning curve!

You have a beautiful gun coming your way and I know you'll enjoy it! May you never have to use it in anger or defense and may it bring you a lifetime of pleasure.

Now somebody be a good enabler for me and help me find that 357 Henry Big Boy side gate or X model I'm looking for!

^^^Great post wander! If I see one at my LGS I'll post up here.

The Henry is one of the ones I'm doing a lootless search for. I'll keep my eyes peeled as well, easy since I'm looking too. Either a 357 or a 44 and I'm not particular about round or octagon barrel, I kind a like octagons myself, not sure why. Maybe it looks old and I like old stuff.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."