Just letting you guys know the status down hunder…
We had power and even cable all night. Stayed up until 3 am watching out the windows as everything thrashed around. We just had new windows put in (bought from the company I sell for) and were absolutely amazed at how quiet it was inside the house. Used to hear the bamboo out back clickety clack & groan during even slight winds, but heard very little of it or the winds. Just the occasional sound of something bouncing off the roof. Finally went to bed around 3. Woke up to no power. My oak out front snapped in a few places, blocking our street (dead end) and taking out power (sorry neighbors!). Another piece narrowly missed the corner of my house and fence. Sooooo blessed! Bamboo out back is down all over. Lots of it bounced off the roof and down into the yard. The power lines our oak knocked down is arcing and sparking in the neighbors yard 2 doors up. His lawn is smoking & burning. We and neighbors called 911, but that was 3 hours ago and still on fire. Our town is on curfew until 5 pm, telling me lots of downed lines and trees. Crews probably can not access this area yet. Neighbors around me sending me pics of washed out roads, driveways and flooded streets. We sure did a lot better than those down South of us! May God bless them with a speedy recouping of their lives and assets. Soooo blessed to have the metal roof, good windows, missed by the big branches, having a Yeti full of ice. Since installing the metal roof, all of my neighbors have bought at least 2 roofs and many will buy a 3rd now, while we are good to go. I can not post pics now, and this ipad is low on power, so may not be able to do so for a bit. Just feeling soo blessed after what we just survived and seeing what so many here are dealing with. Super nice neighbor offered up her generator (she’s behind us, still has power) or to run extensions to at least run the fridge. I’ll check back with you guys once I’m able to do so.