Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights

Thread: Holster dust cover

Default Holster dust cover

I use different types of holsters for my P380. Inside the pocket and outside the belt. I make my own holsters. My favorite is a square style than nobody thinks is a holster. I have a large acreage and work outside doing a sometimes dusty and dirty job. Whenever I mowed in a dry period my holster and gun got covered in dust. I used a small 1" paint brush to dust it every night. I have tried to make a dust cover but have failed. I decided to try a balloon and it worked. Slips over nice and tight and will easily rip if the gun is needed. Pictures of before and after. Thanks for reading. Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Whaleman; 10-01-2022 at 12:09 PM.

That should work swell. I make sawdust pretty much all day lately. I usually just blow myself and my 1911 off with the compressor before going in the house. (To save as arse chewing by the wife). I wear a big apron and a shirt over the gun but still gets pretty dusty. With weather cooling down and maybe a sweater it'll have more protection.

Your plan should work real good for you.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I hope so. I will see how long it takes to get snagged and ripped in normal use. I would take off going into town. It is not like it takes any time to put on. Dan

Balloons not inflated are actually pretty tough or at least most of them are.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

UPDATE: The 12" balloons were too small. They were stretched too tight and did not last. I found some 18" balloons that work great. Dan