Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new

Thread: P380 ejector catches on striker

Default P380 ejector catches on striker

Greetings,

I purchased a new P380 this summer. I've fired 20 rounds through it with no problems. I went to clean it and had difficulty getting the slide back on. It seems the striker is catching on the ejector. I could finish assembly if I put a small flat blade screwdriver in there a gently twisted the blade to get the ejector out of the way. Do I have a defective gun? Thanks for the help!

Okay I haven't had enough coffee and clearly I put this in the wrong topic! Sorry!
    Last edited by bigguy05641; 10-04-2022 at 05:45 AM. Reason: thread is in wrong topic

I'm not sure I can picture in my mind how this is even possible but I haven't had coffee yet this morning either. It's common for a hang up sometimes when putting the slide back on but usually a little wiggle of the trigger or sometimes pushing down on the extractor cures it. I don't see how the striker can come in contact with the ejector.

I'll try to move this over to the Kahr Tech thread and hopefully someone smarter than me will have a better answer for you.

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hello, it might be a matter of terminology, which I am not good at. Anyway I circled where it is catching when I try to put the slide back on. If I gently twist a flat blade screw driver and get it out of the way, the slide goes home no problem. So this is my first polymer gun, I wonder if polymer guns have their own "personality" and if it shoots good, I can live with this.

Here's a view from the top, the ejector almost looks crooked? Is this to be expected? The machining looks a little sketchy. Again, the guns been shot about 20 times with no issues, I bought the gun a few months ago new after waiting two months for it.

more views:

Is the striker safety plunger cracked?

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Is the striker safety plunger cracked?
    I see what you mean, but I zoomed in, it looks like a casting seam?

I called Kahr tech assist, they have heard of it before, and are thinking if I put more rounds through it, it will work itself out, and should not affect functionality. I can live with that.