Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bit slow

Default Bit slow

A bit slow around here lately. Anybody doing what I'm doing? Last mow of the year. Take out battery for winter. Blow out garage. Take down fence and remove stakes from garden. Pull out dead plants. Rake up and prepare for next year. New tires for wifey's car. Make sure snow blower starts. Just finished building a new well house roof with metal roofing. Wind up and store hoses. Stack plant cages. Stock up pantry. You never know how this winter will be as far as food and prices. It was an ok berry year. The wife made about 20 jars of raspberry and blackberry jelly. Got about 200 tomatoes this year but the weather could have been a lot better. Just grew tomatoes, carrots and peppers this year............ We're supposed to get our first nights in the 20's. I like to be prepared for winter. Right now, is my favorite time of year. Nights in the 40's and 50's, days in the 60's and sunny. We also have the best night skies this time of year. Birds are just starting to show up at the nearby sanctuary. Could mean an early winter this year.................. After seeing Florida, my state looks pretty good right now. I know that we have many, many snowbirds here who either spend the summer in Florida or moved there permanently. I feel for the people of Florida, but how much can you take before you maybe think about living somewhere else? I realize that this could be tough if you're a born and raised, but they should know that they'll get another one in the future. It's inevitable. I couldn't/wouldn't go through that every few years myself. I wonder about flood insurance. Is there even such a thing along a coastline that has hurricanes? Expensive? Floridians chime in.

Pretty much the same here, we don't get the super cold winter like yall but it's really cooled down here. We went for several weeks very hot and dry with no rain. I finally mowed a few days ago although except over the drain field it didn't really need it. Hopefully with a little rain and cool I'll get to mow a few more times but never know.

It has been very slow around here, I've been trying to think of ways to liven the place up some but so far no great idea's have entered my small mind.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

It has rained only once since April at my house. Got 2.7” over two days in the middle of July, which was a surprise.

The blistering 100+ degree days we had starting in late May didn’t quit until early September, but we are still getting into the low 90s almost every day.
    The TV weather guessers think we might get some precipitation next week.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Default Bit slow

I lived on the southeast coast of Florida for 50 years. Didn’t experience a hurricane for the first 32 years. Went through three in a two year period (2004-2005; Frances, Jeanne, Wilma) but none of them were anywhere near as destructive as Ian. The area I lived in hasn’t had a hurricane since 2005. While storms may be inevitable I lived there 50 years without anything worse than a Category 2.

I always carried flood insurance. Premium in 2020 was $500. Homeowners insurance was $4,200 with high deductibles.

Now in live near Raleigh NC. Winters aren’t terrible so not nearly as much to do to prepare as you. Fall has arrived. 40s/50s at night, 60s/70s during the day. Beautiful!

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post

It has been very slow around here, I've been trying to think of ways to liven the place up some but so far no great idea's have entered my small mind.
    How about a caliber discussion?
    Capacity?

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

As david said beautiful here in nc. Great weather to go hiking etc. I know this isn't a fishing forum but i will be heading to obx next weekend (15th) to meet my dad for our annual fishing trip. He will be 90 nov 8th. Never know when it will be our last. Hopefully will be able to post some good pics of all the fish we catch that might liven things up a little. According to a friend of his that lives in buxton they are catching a lot of blues and puppy drum right now. Hopefully they will still be around then.
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Well that always works and we can start with that.
    Personally, I think we need an influx of new blood, more womans, new shooters etc.
    In the early days we seemed to have more direct interaction with Kahr, now days not so much.

Haven't had any rabble rousers (except for myself of course) in quite a while. Probably forgot how to push the button and send them to Glock.

We also don't seem to have near as many issues or problematic Kahrs to whine about, although I never had any myself. Course most of those were 380's so don't really matter.

Oh ****, I already done started it didn't I?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

You talking smack about my P380 Colonel?

We could start another "best" lube discussion. I'll start it off. Used to hear a lot about Frog Lube, not so much anymore. Anyone on here use it?

I use Ballistol for cleaning, Super Lube Grease for rails, and Royal Purple Synthetic Transmission Fluid as a lube oil. Probably have enough of the grease and oil to last until I die or go to the funny farm.
    NRA Benefactor

We tried the Frog Lube when I was at the department. Followed all the prep instructions to the letter. Spent a lot of time getting that glue out of the officers guns. They were so gummed up they became unfunctional. He was an all in kind of guy and put it on all his guns. He was a dept sniper, even it failed, got into the bolt and glued up the firing pin.

I use Hoppe's, Ballistol, and TW25 grease for slide rails. I figure oil is oil as long as one cleans and replaces it from time to time. I clean immediately after every shooting session, so they don't stay dirty for long.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan