CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bit slow

I use FP-10 for everything, except the most copper fouled barrels. Love the smell

Ballistol for me.
    I still have my lone Kahr MK40 Elite.
    Still waiting on a SS K45 Commander Elite

I looked at the wife last week and suggested we take a little trip down to the Mississippi Gulf Coast. She asked me why and I reminded her that the first week of Oct is Cruisin' the Coast. She was all in and we headed down this past Sunday and heading back home today. Could only get a room for three days, otherwise we would have stayed the entire week. We both said we would take pictures, but of course we didn't. Well, I did take one of my honey next to a fake shark hanging by it's tail. I don't think she would want me to post it on the innerweb, though. She is a bit shy.

Saw so many vehicles that blew me away. Every make and model and year you can think of. Brand new Corvettes to old antiques from the early 1900's, and everything in between. Was so busy looking at them cruising back and forth on Hwy 90 I'm surprised we never got in a fender bender. Used to live in Gulfport a few years back so we knew the places to see them. I did come across a new dream car of mine. A 1969 Chevelle SS restomod that had everything done to it that I would do. Original 396 big block that had been fuel injected, 6 speed Tremec tranny, vintage ac. Other than that it looked completely stock. Painted Chevy orange with a black interior. Beautiful car. No price on it so I knew I couldn't afford.

Before we left, we stopped at one of the local seafood markets and picked up 5 lbs of lump blue crab meat. Best eating crabs to make crab cakes with, and my wife has a great recipe. We swung through the little "village" my dad was born and raised in in Louisiana, visited with a couple of cousins and picked up 50 lbs of hot Cajun sausage. Best sausage in the world that I have ever eating, and I've been eating it ever since I had teeth I imagine.

Sitting in a hotel in Henrietta, TX and can't wait to get back up to the house. Temps lately have been in the 50's during the day and 30's at night. It was still summer down on the coast, at least to us, and of course humid. Still that way here in Texas. Hunting starts up next month for my wife, cousin, cousin's son and myself. Need to check the rifles to make sure they are still sighted in. Fishing is getting better as the water has been cooling down.

No grass to mow, though. Real hard to have a lawn in the mountains. Though to be honest, I don't mind in the least not having to mow after living for almost 15 years on the gulf coast.

Ok what do we have to do to get the picture of the shy wife with the fake shark?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post

Haven't had any rabble rousers (except for myself of course) in quite a while. Probably forgot how to push the button and send them to Glock.

Hey, I'm still here!!!

Default The Black Sheep

Felt like I've been the "Black Sheep" of Kahrtalk for many years.
    Bought my only Kahr to this day (NIB MK40 Elite with NS) and joined the forum in 2011.
    Little monster was tight as a drum new.
    Very difficult to field strip and so tight it FTF on FMJs regularly.
    That tight I figured is needed to break in.
    So lots of Ballistol and 200 rounds later it finally broke in...
    Then I ran all brands and weights of JHPs from 135 to 180 gr with zero malfunctions.
    Left the gun bone stock except for replacing the plastic RSA with a Wolff steel version.
    Never really understood a plastic guide rod in the all stainless steel Elite flagship gun?
    My MK40 loves anything 180 gr and shoots lights out for a micro.
    Still own and carry it off and on.
    The quality, fit and finish is really amazing

Years later, with many other types of guns and on other gun forums, I'm still here

As for lube, the KISS principle applies. Doesn't matter how good it is, if it requires anything other than "squirt it on and go" it's going to get messed up and fail. Even if you follow the prep instructions to the letter, apparently.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Oh....and .380s are not REAL GUNS!
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Oh....and .380s are not REAL GUNS!
    Most Kahr 380 owners would agree, because their 380s don’t work.

PS - just stirring the pot as my CT380 is fabulous

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I learned a few years ago in school that it was a natural law that everything has to be somewhere .... made me realize that I'm still here.

Also, even though the world has soured quite a bit since my 2016 unfortunateness, I still reload something every week and still visit the old man amusement park at least once a week. Also still trying to do the "surveyor thing" a bit too - when I can. Still have most of my original parts although they are mostly used up - and I'm still a kid (relatively speaking).

As for the .380 issue, I have a hard enough time reloading 9mm (pretty seldom at that), so them shorter .380 cases are out of the question. Haven't carried or had a .380 since 2010.

Considering capacity, when I have my "high top boots" on for social occasions I carry two. Is one enough??? Is two too many???

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!