CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: OWB Pancake

Default OWB Pancake

I am going to buy a OWB Pancake. I have been using an IWB kydex rig for a while, but now I want to try something more comfortable. Any suggestions ?
    Last edited by DorisJHanks; 11-05-2022 at 04:00 AM.

I'm not a big fan of Pancakes as they are hard to reholster one handed. For some this isn't an issue. For OWB I always loved my Mernickle. They used to be in Reno but have a new owner and they are now in Texas. Holsters look the same but I haven't purchased one since the change. I liked the PS6 model. It rides real high and tucks snugly into the side. Almost too high for me now days as the shoulders are starting to bug me some but they also make a mid-ride and a low ride. Still prefer the high though.
    I've been using IWB Garret Silent Thunders now for a long time. Leather lined kydex. Found that if you adjust the cant and play with position a bit they are very comfortable.

Best of luck on your search.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The Galco Combat Master is a favorite. I have not tried them but this model from Holsterama looks promising.
    https://www.holsterama.com/leather-p...ster-open-top/

My all time favorite is from Lou Alessi, but he has passed.
    NRA Benefactor

You didn't mention what you'd be carrying? Makes a difference. Did I miss something, that's always possible.

I have a couple of custom holsters from Privateer Leather, Wes does outstanding work, located in Utah. When I first saw the Brand, I was expecting the Florida Keys or something.
    https://www.privateerleather.com/belt-holsters
    NRA Benefactor

I’m really liking the paddle holster for my full size M&P 9 I got from American Leathersmith down in Round Rock Texas…..Most comfortable and versatile OWB holster I’ve ever tried, holds the pistol very secure but easy to adjust where you want to wear it……Price was right too, check them out www.americanleathersmith.com Ask for Blue, super nice guy that did me right when my first order was the wrong size so he made another one and sent it right out pronto, no questions asked…….