Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving

Talking Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Kahrtalk friends!
    Be safe and enjoy your family.

Gobble Gobble.

This is my first one since my wife passed.
    I did a cost/benefit analyses, and the whole turkey, stuffing, pie deal, is just to much work for one man and a standard poodle.
    Charley and I are having baked ham, mac & cheese, and field peas with snaps.

Hope y'all have a wonderful day.
    NRA Benefactor

Wish you weren't on the opposite side of the continent, always room at my table for you and your standard poodle.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Desiree and I are having our traditional dinner together at home.

The pie is done, but there's still a bit to do for me, being the cook. A picture of our pre-dinner:

USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Happy Turkey Day to all of you. And may the memories of years gone by with loved ones who are no longer with us serve to add to what we have to be thankful for now.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, hope y’all enjoy the day…..Wife decided to do a Low Country Boil this year and pass on the turkey, so far it’s smelling really good…….Have a nice day and God Bless all the good folks here on Kahrtalk……

First Thanksgiving in 29 years without our grandson Parker. It was not the same, but the family still had a good time in his memory.

This was the scene in our living room Wednesday evening after we called 911.
    After two days of cooking & preparing, my wife almost collapsed yesterday afternoon from exhaustion.
    I have been sick for two days from a stomach bug that has totally wiped me out, so I wasn’t able to keep up with my usual cleanup duties.
    That made it harder on her and at 5pm she sat down in a near catatonic state unresponsive to my inquiries. I called my son to come over to help with her, and when he saw that she was barely communicative he called 911. I was afraid she was having a stroke.
    After talking with the dispatcher explaining everything & answering her questions, it took only five minutes for the FD EMTs to arrive, quickly followed by the County paramedics.

After a very thorough examination they determined she was dehydrated and low blood sugar, compounded by exhaustion. Her BP was 196/97.
    So they gave her some glucose and I had her start drinking a bottle of Gatorade. She improved very quickly, and after she declined transport to the local ER, they departed. An hour later she was pretty much back to normal but very tired.
    It sure is comforting to know excellent lifesaving help is just 5 minutes away.
    After a decent night’s sleep she was ready for the family to come over.
    They brought their share of the food, then set it all out and cleaned up everything afterwards.
    All’s well that ends well, and everyone had a good time.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

And someone please do their thing to rightside my pics up. Thanks.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Don’t worry about that Army, take care of your wife! Glad she came around but that BP reading is nowhere normal at all……Time for a complete physical and blood work up for both of you…….Tell her to slow down some, we’ve all got some miles on us and even though we think we are going to live forever and have to do all the things we did 30 years ago we just can’t…….Very happy she’s doing better but get it checked out…….Prayers sent!