Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Naughty November

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    The best dogs ever.......super intelligent, loyal, always let you know what they want. love mine.

Yep, love mine too.

Yeah but, in the Summer they stank more....and then there were the spiders.

YES, the spiders. Black Widows in my grandparents two holer. Plus my grand father had this crusty old rooster that he messed with all the time. Very nasty, mean, evil rooster. You had to get by him to get to the out house. He would jump up and flog you with his spurs, very frightening to a youngster.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    I hated using one of those at my grandparents’ place in the 1940s.
    My grandparents still used one and didn't have running water in the house into the 60's. Had a pump just outside the back door. Uncles finally ran some plumbing inside the house so they had a bathtub and toilet and even running water in the kitchen.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

My grandparents had an outhouse out back down in LA until my grandpa died in 86. They did have running water in the kitchen which ran into a galvanized tub on the counter. First thing my grandma did after he died was to have the middle bedroom converted into a bathroom. The house was a classic shotgun shack. I never minded using the outhouse as a kid. plenty of lizards to take care of the bugs, plus they were fun to catch.

I think we were so much better off back when there was one bathtub in the house and you took a bath every night after supper even if you didn’t want to and maybe got to watch Bonanza or Wagon Train before bed time and life was good…….

At least we still have that, I still watch Bonanza, Rifleman, and Wagon Train every weekday afternoon and once in a while on the weekend too. Bet I've seen every episode at least 6 times but still enjoy it. Used to do MASH too but seen it so many times I know all the lines as well as the actors did.

I just texted my old Chief at the PD and asked if I got the day after Thanksgiving off, he said no problem just bring Turkey.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Love the Rifleman, ole Lucas boy was mighty fast with that lever gun but did you ever wonder why North Fork, a sleepy little town in the middle of nowhere had so many gun slingers and drama show up in town every single day………

My grandpa and uncle were lumberjacks that lived in Wolfeboro New Hampshire, their home was 5 miles down a dirt road in the woods. They had out house and a pump in the kitchen for water. The pump was next to a pot belly stove. I remember gramps telling us.....do mess around in barn next to out house; I keep my black powder in there and I don't want it blown up. He also reminded us to stay alert and watch for bears when using out house. They had quite the life. During the winter months they would carve wooden chains out of a tree...pretty cool to see a six plus foot wooden chain.

My sister still lives in New Hampshire on Ragged Mountain and regularly gets bears and moose in her back yard. She said it is hard to keep a dog living there because small ones get lost to other wild life.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!