Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Desert Eagle 50ae to .44 conversion kit - mag issue?

Default Desert Eagle 50ae to .44 conversion kit - mag issue?

Hello !
    first post here -

I’ve had a mark 19 in 50 for about 10 years now , always a “safe” gun that I break out for kicks and giggles once a year or so to blow up some cabbages with my friends etc. always a fun time. So this year I treated myself to getting the .44 conversion barrel kit . It looks beautiful as it’s a duotone now with the polished chrome and black body , barrel fits in perfectly !

my question for you guys -
    I know there is usually some sort of “break in” you need to do on new parts etc -
    but the 2 provided magazines for .44 initially wouldn’t even get past the first depression in the mag well unless I pressed the mag release to let it move up into the chamber …which then would go to far and get stuck in the gun, the mag release not effecting it at all- would have to punch it out from the top of the gun while depressing the release to get them to pop out .

I haven’t found a lot of information on this , or any on specifically the 44 mags being like this -
    I have found a bit of info on filing down certain parts of the magazines to allow it to slide in properly - but wanted to see what information or recommendations you guys have ! Have you experienced this before ? What was your fix?

thank you so much for your time and looking !

-Matt

Welcome Matt, glad your here. I know nothing about the Desert Eagles as I don't own one (Yet). Be patient as we have a few members who have several. Mr. BlackCat as I recall is close to if not the smartest man alive when it comes to Desert Eagles. So hang tight and hopefully they'll be along shortly.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Welcome Matt, glad your here. I know nothing about the Desert Eagles as I don't own one (Yet). Be patient as we have a few members who have several. Mr. BlackCat as I recall is close to if not the smartest man alive when it comes to Desert Eagles. So hang tight and hopefully they'll be along shortly.

thank you so much for the kind welcome! I look forward to hearing from anyone on this issue ! I’m sure this is the place to be .
    I have reached out to magnum research, and have done some more digging. I found what I thought was going to be the issue , which was the grip mounting tabs , MR emailed me back saying basically the same thing - I removed the grips , but the magazines still get realllly tight towards the feeding ramp , and lock in big time , as to not free float. The mags aren’t grazing the frame where the grips go , and the grips aren’t grazing the mags…it’s almost as if the top 10% (or bottom?) of the mag is a bit too big and snugs in to the magwell.
    man’s to reiterate again - I’ve had the gun nearly 10 years , and the native .50 mag works perfectly with the gun. MR suggested sending the pistol and mags in to check them out , but I’m hoping to pick the brains of anyone that’s had a similar issue, or have any other ideas !

thank you again for your time !

-Matt

Are the 44 magazines factory? Or some kind of after-market brand?