Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new

Thread: Hi, new member here looking for PM45

Default Hi, new member here looking for PM45

Hi. Have perused the Kahrtalk forum for several years, finally decided to join. My only Kahr is a PM9 bought several years ago that I have been very happy with. Am trying to acquire an older model PM45 with thumb safety if anyone has one in good condition they wish to sell. Will post this WTB in forum classified section too. Thanks.

Did they make such a thing? I believe Kahr made some MA-compliant models with a manual safety but have never seen a .45 equipped with one. Could very well be one, I've just never seen one.

Oh, and glad you joined us!

Welcome jfd to the forum, like dao said a PM45 with a thumb safety would be a unicorn gun no doubt……The great thing about a Kahr pistol is the long trigger pull to fire unlike other small pistols that have a short take up then a light pull to fire the weapon…..I much prefer the Kahr trigger system and carry my PM9 in my pocket everywhere I go and do not need a safety to prevent an AD because the safety is already built into the trigger system……Again, welcome aboard to the place, lots of real nice folks hang out here……

Thanks Getsome. Agree with you on the great Kahr trigger, I’m just a weird “belt and suspender” type guy. Have not seen a PM45 with thumb safety in years, suspect probably not many made/in circulation. May wind up settling for non safety PM45 which wouldn’t be a bad thing IMO but thought I’d try the forum first and see what kind of luck I have. Thanks again for the “welcome aboard”.

Hi DAO. As Getsome said, the PM45 with safety is a bit of a “unicorn”. Think it was targeted/marketed to the Mass. crowd along with the PM9 and maybe a couple other guns. Doubt that they sold a ton of them. Thanks for the welcome.