Xssights   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CW9 won't fire, trigger all the way back

I fixed it!!! Here's how I did it: I took off the side plate and studied how the trigger bar #13 contacts the cocking cam #15. I noticed a fair amount of trigger bar travel (pre-travel?) before the striker released. The trigger bar part no. 13 has a tang bent at 90 degrees that as it is pulled contacts the cocking cam #15. I realized if I could bend the 90 degree tang forward a little that would close up the gap and contact the cocking cam sooner. I'm not a gunsmith so I don't know if this is an appropriate repair. The rear of the trigger bar can be lifted out of the handle some, just enough to grab it with needle nose pliers. I grabbed the flat part of the trigger bar with the needle nose pliers and bent it a little to move the tang closer to the cam. Assembled the gun and it works now, even after some time in the freezer. I still have some pre-travel, just not as much, so I don't think it will go full auto on me (will test fire it with only two rounds in it in case it does). I believe the trigger bar tang bends away from the cam slightly each time the gun is used. I only have about 200 rounds through the gun, so I think the stamped steel trigger bar should be re-designed. Search for Kahr CW9 parts diagram for a photo of parts.

I think this will eventually happen again so I will not use this as a carry gun, will probably sell it. If there is an aftermarket trigger bar that is more rigid that should fix it permanently.

Good deal. It will probably be good from now on. Let us know how the test fire goes.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I can't imagine that trigger bar would flex or bend under normal firing. The travel you had and apparently cured had to have left the factory that way. No way there's enough pressure on the cocking cam to bend that tang. I could be wrong, have been before (twice I think, last time was 1958) so test the heck out of it and see if I'm wrong again.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I can't imagine that trigger bar would flex or bend under normal firing. The travel you had and apparently cured had to have left the factory that way. No way there's enough pressure on the cocking cam to bend that tang. I could be wrong, have been before (twice I think, last time was 1958) so test the heck out of it and see if I'm wrong again.
    It test fired perfectly. Bawanna, it did not leave the factory failing to fire. It had no trigger issues until now. I read a few posts on different web sites that other Kahr owners experienced the same issue, working fine until failing with a low round count of 200 or less. It's possible some other cause created the excess gap between tang and cam. Either way, I'm selling it. It was a chilling thought to learn that my wife's carry gun would have failed in an emergency.

Glad you were able to get it somewhat figured out Laneman. I will take your experience and file it away for the next time as a suggestion, should someone have the same issue. And don’t listen to Bawanna. I know for sure that he was also wrong once back in 1985.

Crap, I forgot about that one.......
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well, now I have to wonder if there's any difference in the trigger bar between the CW, P, and K series.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMe View Post
    Well, now I have to wonder if there's any difference in the trigger bar between the CW, P, and K series.
    CW and P (polymer frames) the same. K (metal frames) different from polymer

Quote Originally Posted by LabTrek View Post
    CW and P (polymer frames) the same. K (metal frames) different from polymer
    But what about the trigger bar? Guess I need to do some comparing. Ack. I don't have any CW's. Just K's and P's.

The CW and the P probably have the same trigger bar. The K might be different.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan