Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun

Thread: Another front sight bites the dust

Default Another front sight bites the dust

Put 200 rounds through my new CM9 on my first range trip. Next range visit i took one shot and the front sight went flying. Not too upset about it, I have been planning to replace it with a night sight anyways. My question is, does anyone know of a rear night sight for the CM9? I’ve seen options available for the PM9 but maybe there are none for the value series.

since you are going to replace the front sight anyway, may I suggest that you invest in having a front dovetail milled in the slide.you now have IMHO, closed the performance gap between CM/PM 9s. mine cost $75, then I had a set of TFO's installed, grn. front, yel. rear. in all humility this is one of THE best mods I've ever made. no worries about the sight popping off. P.S. I shoot my CM9 regularly in IDPA matches and ft. sight has not budged.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER

That is a great idea. I will look into that thank you.

Dawson Precision is a great company to deal with when it comes to sights. They can offer you guidance, to ensure you get those new sights properly sized for your new dovetail. Or, maybe bugs will let you know his specs so you could just duplicate what he has done. I do love those tfo sights! Kinda the best of both worlds!

my TFO's are made for all Kahrs and fit the Kahr dovetail. + a good gunsmith can mill the slide to the front sight dovetail if needed.

Well I installed a TruGlo tritium front sight and it also fell off about 200 shots in. I made sure to loctite it pretty solid but still fell off. I think I will go ahead and mill the slide for a set of TFO’s now.

you won't be sorry; dovetails open up a lot sight options, but my Kahr has the yel./grn. TFOs which I can see even with 76 yr. old eyes, w/o glasses.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER