Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weird CM9 discovery

JUST IN CASE ANYONE NEEDS HELP WITH THE "COJONES "

"If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Been there done that with a Gold Cup slide. A big vice on a bolted down bench and a long pipe to tighten the vice. They are tough to bend. Got a great fit out of it though. I was scared all of the time I was doing it but did not over tighten or mar the blueing.
    Good to hear one of us amateurs can get it done. I’m sure it was a bit harrowing, given the value of that slide!

Quote Originally Posted by GROTMAN View Post
    JUST IN CASE ANYONE NEEDS HELP WITH THE "COJONES "

2C8F16AA-59BD-4ED2-80F8-5C1413D602BD.jpg

^^^Yup, got me too

It didn't end with squeezing the slide. I peened the rails on the frame to take out the up and down motion. Then a bit of valve grinding compound to work the parts together again. An over under bushing to tighten up the barrel fit at the front. A different size link to help lock up better. The top tang of the barrel welded up and filed to fit the slide. Fortunately the trigger was great so I never touched it. I got the information out of a gunsmithing book I bought. Unfortunately Ilent the book to a friends son and never got it back and I don't remember the title or author.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    It didn't end with squeezing the slide. I peened the rails on the frame to take out the up and down motion. Then a bit of valve grinding compound to work the parts together again. An over under bushing to tighten up the barrel fit at the front. A different size link to help lock up better. The top tang of the barrel welded up and filed to fit the slide. Fortunately the trigger was great so I never touched it. I got the information out of a gunsmithing book I bought. Unfortunately Ilent the book to a friends son and never got it back and I don't remember the title or author.
    Oh, well that's all you did? Lol! I should get me that book. If you learned how to do all of that from it, and it ran well after, then that's one heck of a good book. Kudos for taking all of that on.