Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: PM 9 Incoming!!

With my wife it's not so much the issue of recoil, it's just the act of racking the slide. She of course doesn't want to hear my different approaches to racking the slide, different techniques as it were.
    The Tomcat would be the ticket, wish it was in 9 so I don't have to hoard another flavor of ammo. Sure would get giggles out of friends visiting.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I've been looking for one of those Tomcats. It would be ideal for the wife. I'm not a caliber snob for the missus, only for myself. And for the last 2 or 3 months I've been carrying a 9mm. Don't let that out, might ruin my rep ya know?
    Be sure to go with a new one, preferably Inox, as they tend to be prone to cracking the slides. The newer Inox models feature a beefed-up slide, so no worries anymore. Plenty of new ones on gunbroker. I'm debating buying one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    You could go with the light weight P32 with Underwood ammo. Light racking, mild shooting and this ammo has shown to have good ballistics.

6 1/2 oz's 10oz fully loaded with 8 rounds of Underwood.

I LOVE the P32...just took mine out shooting last week. Great little piece, and ridiculously accurate for its size.

Funny story: I bought a Gen1 in the late 90s as soon as they hit the stores. I carried it as a BUG or off-duty gun for almost 20 years, at which point its takedown pin started walking out and giving me cycling problems. I contacted KT, and they asked to take a look at it. A month later, I had a brand new Gen2 on its way back to me, complete with my original serial number with the letter A added. On top of that, they sent me a check to cover the transfer fee at my local gun shop. Can't beat that level of CS.

My only recommendation would be to either scrap those Lehigh rounds, or only load one in the pipe and one at the top of your magazine. Rim lock is a ***** in 32 acp pistols, and the only surefire way to avoid it is to stick to FMJ. I know, I know...lousy ballistics and whatnot. But it beats having your magazine prove to be useless when you need it most. (And carefully loading the magazine isn't a cure...just the act of carrying the pistol and moving around can be enough to shift those bullets just a bit in the magazine and set up catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Looks like my P3AT. In situations where I can't carry the CW45, that one is on me at all times. Rides in my slack pocket on every sales appointment I run, in my shorts when checking the mail, on the couch watching tv... in my pocket right now. They sure do make 'em slim!
    I had one a while back...punishing to shoot hot ammo, but utterly reliable and ridiculously easy to carry. Still don't know why I sold it, and I'd sure as heck like it back.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    I LOVE the P32...just took mine out shooting last week. Great little piece, and ridiculously accurate for its size.

Funny story: I bought a Gen1 in the late 90s as soon as they hit the stores. I carried it as a BUG or off-duty gun for almost 20 years, at which point its takedown pin started walking out and giving me cycling problems. I contacted KT, and they asked to take a look at it. A month later, I had a brand new Gen2 on its way back to me, complete with my original serial number with the letter A added. On top of that, they sent me a check to cover the transfer fee at my local gun shop. Can't beat that level of CS.

My only recommendation would be to either scrap those Lehigh rounds, or only load one in the pipe and one at the top of your magazine. Rim lock is a ***** in 32 acp pistols, and the only surefire way to avoid it is to stick to FMJ. I know, I know...lousy ballistics and whatnot. But it beats having your magazine prove to be useless when you need it most. (And carefully loading the magazine isn't a cure...just the act of carrying the pistol and moving around can be enough to shift those bullets just a bit in the magazine and set up catastrophe.
    I bought the Keltec as a fluke. Just could not believe a gun could weigh so little. And it is kind of a amazing little sucker. So crazy light. I did not think I would enjoy it as much as I do. In fact, I have always felt the LCP's and Keltec P3at should have been made in .32cal only.
    I had read about rimlock on P32's before I purchased the gun. I bought a 13Lb recoil spring a steel guide rod and KELTEC P32, P3AT +10% XP MAG SPRING Pak of 10 from Wolf and never had a rimlock issue. I carry the Underwood all the time when I carry the Keltc in summer with shorts with no belt. I also can't remember what other ammo I have put through it, but just looked and I Fiocchi and S&B and some Remington FMJ. I only reloaded a little bit of the Lehigh as I found it too tedious to mess with and gave the bullets etc to a range friend for trade on something else. I think only Underwood sell's a complete round now.
    I stopped shooting the Keltec as much as I use to because I spend so much time on the 380's that I just preserve the Keltec. It is so easy to just pick up and shoot and 380 ammo as come way down in price. In fact looking forward to trying out this new ammo
    which just arrived from Target sports.

PS when I do carry the P32, I will aways unload the mag and when I reload it, will make sure the rounds are flat against the magazine. Just because I am OCD about such things. That said, I am going to take a few mags and shake them around and maybe even drop a few for a short distance and see if I get any rimlock. I will try and get back to you on this.
    (Lol, you got my curiosity up. I just took out a magazine with full mag and shook it back and forth from the bottom of the mag, dropped it three times from 3ft onto the carpet and then kept tapping it against my knee while sitting down. Headed to the range later to try out. This should be interesting.)
    Order Notes:
    None
    SubTotal: $43.47
    Shipping Insurance: $0.67
    Discreet Overbox Packaging
    Shipping: FREE SHIPPING
    VA State Tax: $2.60
    Total: $46.74
    Part# Product Quantity Price Sub-Total
    TSRTR380BR - RTR380BR Republic Training and Range 380 ACP Ammo 95 Grain FMJ-Box of 50 3 $14.49 $43.47
    Last edited by King Rat; 02-25-2023 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    With my wife it's not so much the issue of recoil, it's just the act of racking the slide. She of course doesn't want to hear my different approaches to racking the slide, different techniques as it were.
    The Tomcat would be the ticket, wish it was in 9 so I don't have to hoard another flavor of ammo. Sure would get giggles out of friends visiting.
    Vickie also had problems racking a PM9. I ended up getting her a P3AT. She has little trouble racking the slide and shoots it pretty well at 15 to 25 feet.

One gun that I enjoy having a good time with and so easy to shoot and train with is the LCP22 cal light-rack. Super easy to rack the slide, is reliable and cheap ammo makes accuracy. That many rounds to the face, neck and into the mouth would ruin anyones day, No, it will not blow the lungs clean out. But because the ammo is so cheap you can become very accurate with it. Hopefully I have not started a caliber war.

The wifey likes her LCP2...................not too hard to rack the slide. Damn accurate. Not built for 1000's of rounds though.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    I had one a while back...punishing to shoot hot ammo, but utterly reliable and ridiculously easy to carry. Still don't know why I sold it, and I'd sure as heck like it back.
    For penetration purpouses I keep it loaded with round nose. I did shoot some hotter stuff and can agree with you completely on the punishing part. That tiny, blocky grip stings!

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    The wifey likes her LCP2...................not too hard to rack the slide. Damn accurate. Not built for 1000's of rounds though.
    Sadly, it seems Ruger views their semis as disposable goods. I had two LCP2s that were absolute garbage...neither lasted more than 300 rounds before the malfunctions started. Swore off Ruger until the LCP Max came out, and it seemed too good a concept not to try. Fool me one, etc...the thing was a gem for abut 400 rounds or so, and then it started dropping mags and failing to cycle. Ugh.

I still have the itch to try a P380 again, in spite of all the troubles I had in the past. At least with Kahr, if you get one that works they tend to last a long, long time.