Xssights   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: 1911 Mags in Kahr Pistols: .45 yes / 9mm no - comments

Default 1911 Mags in Kahr Pistols: .45 yes / 9mm no - comments

Not knowing any better and figuring that a 1911 Officers .45 mag fits a P45, I ordered a 1911 Officers 9mm mag for my new P9.

WRONG!

It is much thicker and does not come close to fitting in mag well.

Do you all know of any other 9mm mags with flush plates that might fit in a Kahr P9?

I've not heard of any other 9mm mags that fit Kahr. At least now you got a good reason to buy a 9mm 1911. Honey, I got this mag and nothing to put it in....works for me once in a while, not often though.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Kimber micro 9 mags and Sig p938 9mm mags don’t work for a cm9/pm9. I tried mine and the mag catch slots don’t match.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Heck, on these 1911 Officer's mags, they were considerably thicker than the opening in the P9 grip magwell. Couldn't even get to the point of mag catch mattering.

My ruger 1911 9mm uses .45 size mags but the mag has a little spacer at the back of the mag to keep the shorter 9mm rounds pushed to the front of the mag.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Does anyone have a Star BM 9mm who could measure the mag for me? Thanks!

If anything Star produced fits, I think it would be the Firestar mag. But I doubt that it would save you any money.

I'm not interested in the price. I want a flush fit, metal base magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by kydave19 View Post
    I'm not interested in the price. I want a flush fit, metal base magazine.
    To get a flush fit, you'd have to either give up a round, add a mag well or oversize mag base (increasing bulk), or redesign the gun.

When the original K9 first came out and for several years, it was the cutting edge of concealed carry 9mm pistols. No other handgun had comparable size, power, accuracy, trigger, and quality in one package. I don't recall any other pistol of that era being as thin in the grip and slide. I still consider it and the P9 to be superior in its concealability for its effectiveness, to most everything else..... except for its lack of provision for optical sights. No redesign of the gun would be necessary for that, and Justin Moon knows this. I've seen him shooting one so modified.

Compared to that, the mag is a non-issue.