Xssights   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop

Thread: Pm9 covert cocking cam spring service

Default Pm9 covert cocking cam spring service

Less than a year ago i bought a new pm 9 covert, luv it, but noticed trigger return is very sluggish now, when ipull the trigger and manually rotate the cam returns only partially and lazy compared to my ct380. I assume it needs the cocking cam spring replaced, i would like to service this myself, is there a video or instructions available? Any feedback is appreciated, thx

I have no idea, but am amazed that anyone actually found a PM9 Covert available for purchase.
    Someone should be along soon to point you in the right direction though.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Before you go there, if you haven't already. I'd take a good look at the trigger bar and trigger bar spring. Sometimes the bar is a little rough and the spring doesn't slide along it as smoothly as it should. That's a simple thing to address with some fine sandpaper or a nail file. I've not replaced a cam spring before so I really can't help with that if needed.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Before you go there, if you haven't already. I'd take a good look at the trigger bar and trigger bar spring. Sometimes the bar is a little rough and the spring doesn't slide along it as smoothly as it should. That's a simple thing to address with some fine sandpaper or a nail file. I've not replaced a cam spring before so I really can't help with that if needed.
    I did check that, thanks. I am pretty sure i need to replace the cam spring, i want to do it but i heard taking the trigger apart or back together can be troublesome, so i am hoping there is a video or instructions somewhere....

Now if i can just find a kydex owb belt slide holster for it... not having luck cause of the light rail...

I have no experience with Garrett's OWB holsters but love their IWB holsters. I have 7 or 8 for various carry guns. They show a couple models for the PM9. They are leather lined kydex. Very kind to the gun, stay open for reholstering and hold the gun very securely. Good people to deal with too. Not cheap but in my feeble opinion they are worth every penny.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."