Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun hoard comes to light

I gotta find me a map. I thought yall was clear over by New York City.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well I'll be hornswaggled. Yall are only about half way. Directly north of my home state of Missouri. That's Missouri, not Misery. Haven't been back in many years, got a ton of relations back there. Get myself together and might have to take a road trip via Ahlmans. Be easy, I90 to Ahlmans turn right and south to MO!
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Well I'll be hornswaggled. Yall are only about half way. Directly north of my home state of Missouri. That's Missouri, not Misery. Haven't been back in many years, got a ton of relations back there. Get myself together and might have to take a road trip via Ahlmans. Be easy, I90 to Ahlmans turn right and south to MO!
    What County did you hail from?
    My Dad was from Graham in Nodaway County in the NW part of the state, Mom was from Flat River (now Park Hills) in St. Francois County south of St. Louis.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

We're mostly in Pike County. Bowling Green, not too awful far from Hannibal.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

+1 for what 340pd said: document your collection well and password protect your docs and don't have that info floating around in vaporland, even if you think its secure. Put it on a password protected thumb drive and put one in your fireproof safe and the other with your kin or the Trust attorney. In the name of the file I have password hints that only my son would know. I have a friend that I had to dope-slap into unconsciousness because he had tens of thousands of dollars in his collection with little documentation. Just research it, it's easy to do.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." Clemenza, The Godfather
    "I like a man who grins when he fights" Winston Churchill

Food for thought.
    Since my wife passed, I have no one, I trust to leave my small collection to. I only have a few rifles, some shot guns, and a few hand guns. My younger brother is a convicted felon, so he's out, and I don' trust his off spring. I myself am childless.

So here is the question for you FFL experts, can I leave all my "stuff", ammo, guns, holsters, etc... to the local American Legion? Can an organization that does not hold an FFL, "own' firearms? The Legion would be my first choice.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    Food for thought.
    Since my wife passed, I have no one, I trust to leave my small collection to. I only have a few rifles, some shot guns, and a few hand guns. My younger brother is a convicted felon, so he's out, and I don' trust his off spring. I myself am childless.

So here is the question for you FFL experts, can I leave all my "stuff", ammo, guns, holsters, etc... to the local American Legion? Can an organization that does not hold an FFL, "own' firearms? The Legion would be my first choice.
    Not sure...a post might be limited to 15 rifles? I would do a Trust and leave them to a friend.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." Clemenza, The Godfather
    "I like a man who grins when he fights" Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    What County did you hail from?
    My Dad was from Graham in Nodaway County in the NW part of the state, Mom was from Flat River (now Park Hills) in St. Francois County south of St. Louis.
    My dad was from Bolckow, in Andrew County, just south of there. There are TONS of relatives in Saint Joe. He was in Army as an MP at Fort Leavenworth during WW2.
    He had stories of hauling prisoners from both coasts on the train.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    My dad was from Bolckow, in Andrew County, just south of there. There are TONS of relatives in Saint Joe. He was in Army as an MP at Fort Leavenworth during WW2.
    He had stories of hauling prisoners from both coasts on the train.
    I have been through Bolckow a few times long ago.
    My dad’s family farm (now owned by my brother) is close to Bolckow, southeast a bit almost next to Cawood (which may not even be on the map anymore - like Pumpkin Center up on the highway to Maryville).
    My great-aunt lived in Barnard.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    Food for thought.

I have given a number of 22 rifles to the local state hunters safety course. They also really appreciate ammo. If you have shooting buddies, might be a good idea to gift some of them off to them. If nothing else find a gun club in your area and ask them if they know of shooters in need.
    "Never pet a burning dog"