Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My beloved T9 had a hiccup today

Could have been a weak round, or weak mag spring, or other mag issue.

I’ll try to isolate the variables.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I used to shoot WWB. It seemed weak, so now I try to shoot Federal, Aguila, PMC. Have had good luck with those brands and they feel like they are a bit stiffer load. I don't know whether your issue is ammo related, but it might be worth a try. The only ammo I've had issues with is Fiocchi. I shoot it in a revolver but don't use it for semi autos. 115gr.? 124gr.? 147 gr.? I assume at some point you checked the mag springs to see if they were in the correct way. Extractor not removing casing fast enough? If you shoot again, and use different types of ammo, I would try to isolate which ammo is involved when it happens. Never know...............

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    New recoil spring installed, another stovepipe. I fired about 75 rounds of WWB and one time had a definite limp wrist when shooting left handed (stovepipe), then later with a firm two-handed grip, another stovepipe.
    Weak ammo (WWB) and new recoil spring or strong spring are a recipe for failure. Will exacerbate any little bit of limp wristing. I refuse to buy any WWB.

B

The good thing is, I finished the box and have mainly new Federal ammo now. Fingers crossed, that’s the issue.

Whew! I put 76 rounds of Federal 115 g FMJ through it today and it ran perfectly. I'm feelin' better now.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Whew! I put 76 rounds of Federal 115 g FMJ through it today and it ran perfectly. I'm feelin' better now.
    I usually don't look at the ammo situation first, but since owning a Kahr, it's the first thing I look at when having any issues now..................I think you're ready for a My Pillow.............................