Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leupold Deltapoint Micro mount!

I made my adapter to be a press fit, and I put a little bit of red Loctite on it, just in case.

There's no reason to dismount the sight unless you have to get in to replace the striker spring or something of that nature. You do have to unscrew the battery cover to strip the slide off of the frame, but that has no effect on your zero.

The DPM doesn't sit in the usual kind of slide cut like the usual MRO sights do. The way it's designed is to replace the rear sight with a mounting block that the DPM attaches to, which pulls the DPM down to the surface of the slide, and pulls the block up in the dovetail to lock it in place. I made a new mounting block to fit the sight cut on the old-style Kahr slide. I like it because it's both cheaper than getting the slide milled for a normal MRO, and 100% reversible if I want to go back to irons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearddevil View Post
    The DPM doesn't sit in the usual kind of slide cut like the usual MRO sights do. The way it's designed is to replace the rear sight with a mounting block that the DPM attaches to, which pulls the DPM down to the surface of the slide, and pulls the block up in the dovetail to lock it in place. I made a new mounting block to fit the sight cut on the old-style Kahr slide. I like it because it's both cheaper than getting the slide milled for a normal MRO, and 100% reversible if I want to go back to irons.
    This may be the second best reason to do this, IMO. I think. What I'd like to see now, is how well you can shoot the pistol with the DPM turned off - essentially using it as a ghost ring.

Question, I clean after every range session regardless of number fired. I strip down the slide. So are the hold down screws blue locktited?

Great news the two mounting screws don’t need to be blue lock tite. So removal to strip the top end should not be a problem.

Good info, something to look into!