Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace

Thread: Galloway flat trigger.

Default Galloway flat trigger.

Galloway Precision did a great job on milling my P9 slide for the Holosun 407k. No complaints, and it was a quick turnaround. I also had ordered earlier their flat "short stroke" trigger and installed that, but didn't get to shoot with that much before I sent off the slide. Since getting the slide back, I've been dry firing a lot and spent some time at the range. Today, I removed that trigger and reinstalled the stock trigger.

I like flat triggers on other pistols, but I've concluded that this won't work for me on the Kahrs. It positions my finger so that it drags on the trigger guard. Besides that, for me, the trigger is too wide and the edge too square. Those may be personal problems, but to top it off, I can detect no shortening of the trigger stroke.

Might work for others, but I found it to be no advantage over the original. And swapping out triggers on the Kahr is a bit of a challenge. I will say, it's a well made part though.

Thanks for the review! How about pics of the slide work and RDS installed?

I have really liked flat triggers. I find a more consistent pull being leverage stays same where ever you pull it from.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I put a flat trigger on my 365 and like it a lot. I haven't got the courage to attempt it on any of my Kahrs. I never did buy that the Galloway Flat trigger shortened the length of pull any. Don't see how it possibly could. Course I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer so I could easily be wrong.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I put a flat trigger on my 365 and like it a lot. I haven't got the courage to attempt it on any of my Kahrs. I never did buy that the Galloway Flat trigger shortened the length of pull any. Don't see how it possibly could. Course I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer so I could easily be wrong.
    My 365xl came with a flat trigger, and I love it. It breaks at about vertical, which is perfect. The Galloway flat Kahr trigger is just forward of vertical at rest, and breaks far behind that - which I find to be suboptimal. IMO, the Kahr trigger guard is a little small for the flat trigger to be farther forward at rest, so I don't know if it can be improved upon.

Quote Originally Posted by iWander View Post
    Thanks for the review! How about pics of the slide work and RDS installed?
    315528480_1671539939970338_541651667239684541_n.jpg

314367988_686200769475929_6064368355453627605_n.jpg

I like the Galloway Flat Trigger on my CW9 and I like how it works, I have larger hands and the shelf on the bottom of the trigger keeps me consistant. I also like the 10% shorter reset; while not great it is an improvement.