Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: New to me AO Thompson M1 trigger issues.

Default New to me AO Thompson M1 trigger issues.

Hey guys,

First let me say I am new to this board, but I am a seasoned living historian who has been around Garands, Springfields and carbines for years, so I have a little experience in WWII weapons. I recently purchased an AO Thompson M1 from a gentleman and I am having some issues, I was hoping someone here might could help me figure it out.

The rifle will not release the firing pin when pulling the trigger unless the rifle is upside down? Does that make any sense to anyone? When it is upright I only get a clicking (which I believe is the trigger (disconnecter) slipping off the sear block). I have taken it apart and it appears that this happens when the extractor is held down? Maybe the extractor is not going into the groove machined in the bolt? But why would turning everything upside down fix that?

I did change out the furniture, and I made sure the screw holding on the rear grip was not too long.

Anyone ever hear of this, or have any ideas what it might be?

Thanks in advance for the help…

Shon
    Lubbock, Texas

Wow, that sounds strange. I have no clue. I'm not getting the upside down thing. Don't see what it would change.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."