Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pickup truck thread.

Default Pickup truck thread.

I’m sure a lot of you have ‘em and use them as intended.
    I had a little basic Chevy S-10 thirty years ago and a C-10 in the 1970s. Nice, plain utility vehicles for me & the family.
    But who would really buy one of these?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

The C-10's were nice trucks.........For that amount of money, I could put my house on wheels.

I had a 1970 Chevy C-10, inline 6 with 3 on the tree. You could lift the hood, sit on the radiator with one leg on each side of the engine and remove the valve cover. I paid $1000 for it used back in the early 80’s. Drove it for a while then sold it to a guy for $1000 who planned to drive it to Alaska.

I now have a 2006 Toyota Tundra w/ 152,000 miles that just got new tires last week. Funny, those tires cost me as much as I paid for the
    C-10. But…. I only paid 10% of what that Ford sticker shows for my Tundra ($21,000) and my 2006 Toyota, although it may not be as pretty as that new ford, will outlast that Ford the way they make them today.

True story. When I got those tires last week the mechanic checking the alignment came in just to tell me “Don’t you ever let anyone talk you into selling your truck. You will never find another one, what ever truck it is, that will last as long as that one.” The new Tundras are not the same Toyota they used to make. When that mechanic told me what he did I told him about going to the Toyota dealer and a salesman trying to get me to trade on a new truck. I found out that he didn’t want the new sale as bad as he wanted to buy my used truck for himself. The old trucks were built to last.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

$212k? WTAF???

I had a GMC Sierra extended cab in about '02 or '03. Great truck, but too darn big to park without hitting stuff.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Holy cow, that is more than I paid for my first two houses...combined! Hope I can just continue to drive my 05 F350. 275000 miles and I hope I can at least double that.
    Had a 73 C10 with the straight six and three on the tree. Substituted a built 350/350 and new rear end. 85 C10 and broke a valve spring at 235,000 miles. I hate to trade in.

We still have a 97 Chevy Z71. All 3 kids drove it back and forth to school. It's approaching 300,000 miles but still going strong. About all we use it for now is hauling hay and going to the dump. Wife keeps bringing up buying a newer truck but if I have my say it just ain't gonna happen.
    Same with my van, it's a 2000 F word van with 160,000 or so miles. New vans are ridiculous money wise. I may have to get a newer one as it's the only vehicle I ride in but I'll put it off long as I can.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Please tell me that window sticker is a hoax, or a mistake.

I went to Ford dot com and couldn't "build" one that reached $100k, let alone double that. But who knows. $83k is still frudiculous.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

And that is not a new car sticker....I'd sure like to know the story behind it.

How much is the new Jeep Wagoneer fully loaded?

The Series III has a starting price of $109,995. The Series III includes the Convenience and Premium Group II packages into one expensive trim level. The 2023 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Series III Obsidian is the most expensive, with a price of $110,990.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!