Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop

Thread: Double stack delayed?

Default Double stack delayed?

NRA over did I miss the double stack roll out?

Default Double stack delayed?

There was a rumor of a Kahr double stack coming soon. Kahr has never said anything publicly about it either before or after the convention.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I guess it was BS?

Seems it wouldn't be that hard to widen the grip a little for a hybrid double stack that carries 10 9mm rds flush? The rest could pretty much stay the same since the bottle necked mag would narrow down to the current width?

Too bad, I would've been interested in a 10 rd flush fit PM9.

Quote Originally Posted by djd100 View Post
    I guess it was BS?

Seems it wouldn't be that hard to widen the grip a little for a hybrid double stack that carries 10 9mm rds flush? The rest could pretty much stay the same since the bottle necked mag would narrow down to the current width?

Too bad, I would've been interested in a 10 rd flush fit PM9.
    This is the results when companies gets way too comfortable with their product and believe they will have strong market share always. Fail to innovate is the most common enemy of companies and they will have their market share taken away overnight by another competitor. I remember when Kahr was king of the single stacks and you could not find any and if you did find one, you pay a premium, not anymore. Example of this is when Blockbuster lost against Netflix and Walmart to Amazon and the list goes on etc….. Sorry Kahr until you get me what I want, will have to cheat on you with your competition.

A Conceal Carry Handgun Must Meet a Minimum of Four Conditions:
    1) It must be utterly reliable.
    2) It should be compact enough to be carried concealed for long periods of time.
    3) It should have a very simple operating drill.
    4) It should fire a cartridge of sufficient power.

Variety is the spice of life. Unlike wives it's ok to play with a several brands and models. I seldom carry my Kahrs lately but that doesn't make them any less of a gun and they aren't going anywhere. Guess I'm a 1911 guy that likes Kahrs too.

Seems I'm overwhelmed with a bucket full of negativity around here lately.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Now where’s my T45?
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I'm probably repeating myself. My only complaint about Kahr is the lack of MRDS-ready slides. I have owned a variety of pistols in the same size range, including the various Shields and the P365 which seems to be the current favorite. And although I still have the 365 and am impressed by it, I still carry a Kahr more often than any other brand. Size for size, I still shoot the Kahrs better. That's probably because no one else has duplicated that perfect DAO trigger. But my saying so does Kahr no good. I think those of us who appreciate a smooth roll with a surprise break are now in the minority, and most new buyers want more capacity and/or optical capacity. And I already have a pretty full compliment of Kahr 9mm pistols so I'm not looking to spend any money on the current offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Now where’s my T45?
    Yes indeed. That would loosen my wallet.

This is from the Kahr press release about there 2024 shot show rollout. I hope it helps:

New products to be introduced include the X9 double-stack 9mm pistol our fans have been waiting for!”

I continue to enjoy just taking out and fondling my Kahr MK40 Elite.
    It's such a well made, high quality, jewel of a handgun.
    Don't really carry or even shoot it much anymore.
    But I'm still glad I bought it and it's a keeper.