Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Me.................

Default Happy Me.................

Well, I have a new small hubby and wife firearms/sporting goods store about 3 miles away from me. The owner of the pawn shop nearby was killed in a snowmobile accident a few years back, so there weren't any shops in the immediate area. They're starting out small and have the usual fishing stuff/live bait and they sell a lot of animal feed. They're catering to the hunting crowd but have some handguns in the case. I talked to the owner for a couple of hours and got to play with a Sig 365XL, a Nano, a SCCY, and an older all wood model 10/22 Ruger. Nice place, clean, friendly. They don't have any gunsmithing services yet, but they are looking. He's checking out a machinist who has been threading barrels. He's going to have the guy thread some of his personal rifles first. So, I had him do a transfer for me. Probably buy some ammo from him. I hope they stick around. From what I hear, the community has been happy with their business. Beretta APX Compact carry on the way.....................The SCCY is the most plastic feeling pistol I've ever handled. Light and cheap. The Nano was decent quality but not my cup o tea. The Sig felt really nice. I liked the look, the finish and really liked the stippling they use. It felt balanced, and I like those day/night sights. Pretty bright during light hours. Fit my hand well. Cons......don't like flat triggers. I could/might be able to get used to it, but I like a bit of curve in a trigger and let's face it, they're ugly. It has been mentioned before that looks are big and if it doesn't look cool, well that's a problem. Otherwise, feels like a nice gun.

Once I got used to flat triggers; I have converted all of my pistols to flat. For me it makes pull more consistent.
    TOP LEFT =10MM TOP Right =9MM BOTTOM LEFT =357SIG BOTTOM Right =45ACP
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I love Sig guns, but Hk for me is at a different level.
    Used to be a trigger snob, but these days I've become accustom to factory stuff.
    That's just me

It’s easy to swap out the Sig trigger. I’ve done it three times.

https://youtu.be/t9ZmuZ73_ow

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Didn't know they came with flat triggers. I swapped mine out to try a flat trigger and I'm happy with it. It's not difficult but not sure easy is the right word either. It's kind of a sequence. I should take mine apart again before I forget it all.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    I love Sig guns, but Hk for me is at a different level.
    Used to be a trigger snob, but these days I've become accustom to factory stuff.
    That's just me
    I like Sigs myself, but their grips have always been a tad big for my paws. I love HK's and agree about the trigger thing. Give me a Da/Sa V3 trigger with a decocker and I'm a happy man..............................

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I like Sigs myself, but their grips have always been a tad big for my paws. I love HK's and agree about the trigger thing. Give me a Da/Sa V3 trigger with a decocker and I'm a happy man..............................
    Wtf is a v3 trigger?

Or v1, v2, v4, v5, etc????

HK triggers are a story in themselves. V3 is stiff DA followed by a better SA. I think V1 is LEM with light DA every shot except on re-strike if I remember. The others I have read about but I just can’t remember.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I wish I could get a HK V3 the size and weight as the Sig P365XL.

I have the 365XL and I like you prefer the curved trigger on the regular 365 much more. I did add the manual safety to the 365 and do like it that way. Might add the curved trigger to the XL one day.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/