Xssights   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PM45 accuracy problems

Default PM45 accuracy problems

Hi, brand new Kahr owner with a PM45. Over 200 rds of cci brass and cant keep zeroed. Sights are tight. 7-8" groups, all over the paper. less than 10yrds, sometimes a lot closer. Shooting from bench sled as not to mix with operator error. First day out with this pistol I had to send it back to replace extractor. This gun shocks me how crazy it places rnds all over the place. I even have other shooters test it out then they tell me to get rid of it. In case you think it's the shooter- I am a former Ordnancemen where we maintained all things that went bang/boom and we ran the pistol range for 4 yrs. then I joined another branch and ended up running the pistol range again for 10 yrs. I am also an NRA Instructor for yrs. This stuff means nothing, just letting you know it's probably not me and needing help to figure this out. I have never seen a gun so crazy inaccurate. I bought this gun because of it's accuracy reviews, so something HAS to be wrong with it. I just filed for an RA but wanted to see if anyone has had a lemon like this.

Welcome to the forum and sorry to here about your problems. I have a PM45 and CW45 and don’t have that issue with mine. I have only shot Seller and Bellot 230gr. through PM45 and if I recall I had about 3 inch groups standing and shooting at about 8 yards which is pretty good for me. I may have had one flyer outside the group every now and then but that could have been me. I shoot the CW45 much better.

Have you by chance tried anything besides the CCI brass? Can’t remember if I have used that ammo and if I did what results I got. Anyway, some others should chime in shortly with some possible suggestions.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I would send it into Kahr, with all of the information you shared here. Sounds like the barrel might be out of spec?

Whatever you find out we would appreciate it if you would let us know. So many times people drop in to ask a question, and whether they get help of not we never hear back. Your question, and the answer(s) to it are what help us all to learn.

Welcome to the forum!

Yep, ^^^ what he said, it sounds like something is way out of spec so let Kahr look it over and give them a chance to make it right……Welcome Dustoff107 to the forum, I found this place way back yonder when a CM40 I bought had all kinds of issues which never got solved so that pistol went into the wind but since then I have found Kahr perfection with my current PM9 so hopefully Kahr will make yours right too…….Again welcome to the forum and let us know how it works out…….By the way, were you a ME driver way back in the day?

I have a CM45 which is basically the same pistol and don't have the problem. Let Kahr look at it and find out what's wrong.

I don't know if this helps or not...

I have and carry either a PM45 or a CW45 95% of the time I CCW. Both have been reliable at the range (although they won't chamber Corbon ammo). Accuracy is spot on. I have Kahr's in other calibers that are also accurate. However, I have one Kahr that would jam on every magazine and would not shoot straight.

That was my CW40. I have another 40 which is perfect. I sent my CW40 in for warranty work. When I got it back, it seemed to feed reliably (although something feels wrong every time the slide goes back into battery on a live round, and the accuracy still seems off (not as bad as before). I haven't shot that firearm in a year or two as I gravitated to the 45, but will revisit that 40 again in the future. I don't know if you have a lemon, but I would consider my CW40 a lemon. However, since I have multiple models with zero reliability and accuracy issues, I never gave up on the Kahr brand.

I would definitely send the gun in to see if the problem can be fixed, especially if you are thinking of selling it in the future. However, if you are looking for reasons to move on, I've found that I had to have my magazine releases coated to prevent rusting when carrying a lot (I used to work outdoors - manual labor; sweat a lot).

Are you in IL? There's a range/FFL not too far from me where we could compare PM45's.

Both of my PM45 were tack drivers. Were because I sold one. All three of my Kahr 45s have short chambers. So some brands of fat bullets don’t plunk. Did you perform a plunk test? All else fails, send it back. It may be a bad barrel.

That makes sense. I had a Canik Elite Combat with barrel problems and got replaced. I filed a return request. thanks. I know it has to be something. I really love the way this gun feels so I hope they fix it.

I have tried 2 brands and both were very strange. I will grab one more before going back. thanks!

Might just be me, but I won't shoot Blazer anymore. It's on the weak side and other brands seem to be more accurate.