Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Xssights

Thread: Duffel Bag

Default Duffel Bag

I needed something more than a range bag. More ammo, targets, range gear etc. This duffel bag fits the bill for that as well as traveling on short trips, and for placing hunting equipment/Essentials. I have a much larger bag that is full of range equipment that stays permanently in my Suv. Made by same company. For $29.00 I consider it a great buy. Actually just ordered another one. Might even order a third.

I also ordered more of Canvas bags. These are so great for so many things, Magazines, empty shells, tools etc. Gun, Binoculars and on and on.

Canvas, great quality and durable. Ordered more.

I've been using a canvas bag for years. Fits the usual stuff for shooting. Gun, ammo, cleaner, etc. Don't even remember where I got it, it's lasted so long.

I love a canvas bag with good stitching and heavy metal zippers. We have an old army duffel bag that came from our next door neighbor who passed away. He used it back in the 1970’s and we use it every time we go camping. Still holding up and not a tear in it.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    I love a canvas bag with good stitching and heavy metal zippers. We have an old army duffel bag that came from our next door neighbor who passed away. He used it back in the 1970’s and we use it every time we go camping. Still holding up and not a tear in it.
    Thanks for the memory jog. I think I got mine at Army Surplus. Also used to buy Army coats, belts, and wool pants for ice fishing.

When I finally retired out of the Navy, I had probably 7-8 seabags (same as a duffle bag). I had lugged those seabags around the world on more than a few occasions. I gave most of them away as I was so sick of them. Now, I wish I still had them and more.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBert View Post
    When I finally retired out of the Navy, I had probably 7-8 seabags (same as a duffle bag). I had lugged those seabags around the world on more than a few occasions. I gave most of them away as I was so sick of them. Now, I wish I still had them and more.
    You and me both! Those things were tough as nails. Sadly, I had my last one laying in the back of a van I had years back. I was remodeling a flip property, was carrying bleach for pressure washing and it spilled. It apparently soaked it, and sat there for a while. Once I uncovered it, the bleach had eaten through it.
    Here’s a pic of the last day I was on the USS Independence, CV62. Other than the Constitution, it was the oldest ship still in service, so we were awarded the Navy Jack “Don’t Tread On Me” flag. I was called up to take part in that pic. At one point in time I could tell you exactly where I was in that pic, but have forgotten over the years. I think in the 2nd T. I flew off the next day (catapulted in COD, WHAT AN EXPERIENCE) on my way to my next duty on the Carl Vinson, CVN70.
    B61F689D-C3EF-43B8-AC8D-94A7A60754C1.jpg

I still have my sea bag from the 70's, it's in my garage, stuffed full of rags. It has become my rag bin. Wish I had a couple more of them.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    I still have my sea bag from the 70's, it's in my garage, stuffed full of rags. It has become my rag bin. Wish I had a couple more of them.
    There used to a couple of Al’s Army/Navy surplus stores around here. They all closed down a few years back. Wish they were still around. Multiple tough as nails military issue stuff could be had at a bargain. Cost less and last longer than a lot of the aftermarket gear.