Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Carry Of A P380 vs PM9

Like berettabone said, if you sell it you will regret it……I only carry my .380 Pico when I have to wear a suit and the dress pants pocket won’t fit the PM9…….The Pico will fit dress pants pockets with no problem so it’s nice to have that carry option…….

Speaking of PD qualifying this one makes me cringe…….Last week a new South Fulton County Ga Officer was shooting with his BUG which they didn’t say what gun it was but I’m thinking Glock 42 or 43 and when he attempted to return it to his ankle holster he said the gun just went off when something snagged the trigger (index finger maybe) but the shot shattered his ankle bones and exited through the bottom of his heel……That’s going to smart for a good while…….

[QUOTE=iWander;437616]I own both and enjoy them both. I find myself carrying the 380 while walking around the house, gardening, at night point at the fire pit, etc. I've alternated carrying each of them at work as my BUG in a left front pocket holster.

I just got back from the range today practicing with both drawing from that same pocket holster with quick shots. Try as I may, I'm just not as comfortable with the 380 versus the 9 and I think the majority of it is the size of the gun itself. I found myself hesitating while lining up the shot whether I'm using the nightsites or the CT laser. I don't want to get rid of either one, but I really don't need both.
    I've tried several drills and practiced, but I just can't warm up to the 380 to the same comfort level as the 9.

Any suggestions? Somebody want to relieve me of the conflict and buy my P380?[/QUOTE

Many years ago, when the LCP first came out, I could not shoot one worth a hoot. My first shot almost missed the entire target at 7 yds. I looked at it as a challenge. Started shooting the snot out of them. Continued this for years, thousands of rounds through pocket guns. And I am hooked. I love them. And I find them to have their own special defense specialties. Super concealment, fast. You can put one in the palm of your hand and walk to the car at night and no one would notice. And a gun in the hand is fast to the draw for just one example.
    And with the consistent training/Practice, you can do wonders with them that you never thought possible . Just takes dedication and a lot of ammo.
    You want to carry a larger gun? Fine, carry the 380 as well. Faster than loading a mag.
    By the way, I have a size large hand with long fingers. I shoot them just fine. Kahr and Pico my favorites.

Back when I wore suits (ahem), I carried an MK9 in a High Noon Centerfold IWB. Otherwise, I'm not much of an IWB fan. It allows you to tuck your shirt over the firearm with just a clip visible on your belt. This combo worked very well for me and kept my pockets free. I would/can imagine, considering the weight differences, carrying a PM or P would have been a breeze. I know, you have a shirt over your gun. I never saw much difference between moving your shirt or digging in your pocket or reaching for your ankle.

On a recent motorcycle trip I pocket carried for the first time ever my new to me PM9 in a Sticky holster in my pants pocket. Was very comfortable. The PM9 and my MK9 can share both the Sicky holster and my ISWB holster. My K9 and CW9 share the same ISWB holster. All 4 Kahr’s can use my Galco OSWB holster. My CW9 was my first Kahr and I shot it like dog poop at first. Practice practice practice. I passed on the 380 as I don’t want to add another caliber.

“Great results, can be achieved with small forces.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

This is how I carry when I'm on my bike. I had the maker mod it for me so that I don't have the shoulder strap on my bad side. It's a cool little rig because I can use different holsters on it by changing them out on the strap you see with the two dot snaps at the top. And for longer guns there's also another strap that goes in the slots where I have the mag pouch attached. I made the mag pouch myself, which is why it doesn't look as nice as the rest of the rig.
    Sorry just realized this was a pocket carry thread...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I own a P380 and 2 CW380s, equipped with CT lasers, and one of them is in my pocket everywhere I go. I virtually never carry a larger pistol. I've found several other brands of micro 380 just as comfortable to carry, but none of them shoot nearly as well as the Kahrs. I'm not a great shot by any means, but I find I can shoot the kahr micros as well or better than anything smaller than a rifle. I just think its a remarkable gun, and pocket carry means I can have the gun in my hand inside the pocket any time without losing concealment. When driving I put the gun and pocket holster in the door pocket, then retrieve them when I exit the car. No one has ever noticed. Its what works for me, and frankly I probably wouldn't carry consistently otherwise.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    I own a P380 and 2 CW380s, equipped with CT lasers, and one of them is in my pocket everywhere I go. I virtually never carry a larger pistol. I've found several other brands of micro 380 just as comfortable to carry, but none of them shoot nearly as well as the Kahrs. I'm not a great shot by any means, but I find I can shoot the kahr micros as well or better than anything smaller than a rifle. I just think its a remarkable gun, and pocket carry means I can have the gun in my hand inside the pocket any time without losing concealment. When driving I put the gun and pocket holster in the door pocket, then retrieve them when I exit the car. No one has ever noticed. Its what works for me, and frankly I probably wouldn't carry consistently otherwise.
    All you've said is so true!
    Ya'll talked me into keeping it. I shot it again last week and it fits a carry niche nothing else ever has.
    Thanks gentlemen!

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Not sure if a hogue handall jr would fit on the 380 but it may help. I have one on my cm9 and it helps a lot.
    +1 on this
    My only Kahr is a MK40 Elite.
    But I like the Hogue Handall jr on that gun.
    My 9mm/380 combo are Ruger LC9s Pro and LCP II.
    Actually have a LCP and LCP II both with Hogue grip sleeves.
    The Hogue grip makes a world of difference on the 380 guns for me.

Barth: The Hogue’s absolutely rock! I put some version of them on every hip gun I get. Love them more so when it’s the versions (like yours) where they extend up into the beaver. I wish I could get away with one on my current/main pocket gun. I tried, but in slack pockets, with that lil bit of added girth it shows too much.