Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: CM9 Issue

Default CM9 Issue

Hello

Been working on the CM9.. Getting a lot better with the trigger... Putting into black at 7ish yards. But...I've been plagued with the following
    problem and I would like to know what might be happening... Sorry for the gibbering but I want to get the point across as best I can...

After releasing the slide lock and chambering a round......
    pull trigger, fire - ejects case and chambers next round
    pull trigger and it's a dead trigger/free moving - no Bam
    I rack and eject the unfired round out, chamber the next round in (no sign of out of battery). I have a solid trigger again
    fire - Bam... ejects case chambers next round
    dead trigger/free moving
    I rack and eject the unfired round out, chamber the next round in (no sign of out of battery). I have a solid trigger again

Sometimes I get a good 2 shots in a row but 95% of time I have to manually rack to reset trigger.. From a magazine of 5, 3 of 5 are fired.
    All ammo has the same result plus most times slide doesn"t lockback on empty mag, Warranty guy says send it in....

Anyone see this before?

There’s a little plate on the right side of the frame that is held in place by a little torx screw. Behind that plate there is a spring that pushes the trigger bar up after firing and the trigger bar itself. You might check behind that plate and see that everything is moving freely up and down and there is nothing binding up. If the trigger bar doesn’t move up all the way after firing and engage the cocking cam you will get what you described.

if you don’t have a torx that small I have used a small jewelers screwdriver in the past.

others may join in with suggestions shortly.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Thanks... However, I got a return shipping label today and I'm pushing it back to Kahr. I will post back on resolution. There goes my fresh talon grips...

That’s good, more easier that way too. They’ll take care of it.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by CTBob View Post
    Thanks... However, I got a return shipping label today and I'm pushing it back to Kahr. I will post back on resolution. There goes my fresh talon grips...
    Keep us posted when you get your CM9 back.

A Conceal Carry Handgun Must Meet a Minimum of Four Conditions:
    1) It must be utterly reliable.
    2) It should be compact enough to be carried concealed for long periods of time.
    3) It should have a very simple operating drill.
    4) It should fire a cartridge of sufficient power.

I had this happen on my first CM9. The trigger would not go far enough forward to reset. I could push it forward and it would reset. The trigger spring was binding and not pushing the trigger fully forward on its own. A drop of lubricant directly on the trigger spring sovled the problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Tactical View Post
    I had this happen on my first CM9. The trigger would not go far enough forward to reset. I could push it forward and it would reset. The trigger spring was binding and not pushing the trigger fully forward on its own. A drop of lubricant directly on the trigger spring sovled the problem for me.
    I am not referring to you personally, but in general. A dirty gun can get you killed. Sometimes it is the small things that count IMO. A dirty Trigger spring and those parts full of crude. I wonder how many actually clean them.
    My Sonic cleaner was one of the best investments I have made in the shooting world.Cleans everything like new. Just had my GX4 out the other day and a whole lot of ammo through it. It was filthy. I should have taken a picture. The Sonic cleaner can go places on cleaning you just cannot do without taking every part off.