Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mcabo trigger spring questions

Quote Originally Posted by djd100 View Post
    Question: With my stock PM9 and it's a lightly polished and lubed trigger bar, I can easily stage the trigger trigger when going for groups at longer distances.

With the lighter Mcarbo springs, is this still possible?

Also, my PM9 is a EDC tool, so light strikes are not tolerable, thoughts?

I have lighter CGW springs in my CZ SP-01 which is primarily a target and home defense tool, and I've had a couple of primers not go off on the first strike within a couple of thousand rounds, though they both did go on the second try which is easy on the CZ (SA/DA etc). This could be an issue with the Kahr in it's role etc!

Thanks for your thoughts on these lighter springs!
    I run stock striker springs in my Kahr, so I've no input in regards to lighter springs in them.
    I've not had any light strikes with MCARBO springs in my P365.
    Likewise I've not had any light strikes with lighter CGW springs in my CZ Phantom. Do you have CGW's extended firing pin in your SP-01?
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    I run stock striker springs in my Kahr, so I've no input in regards to lighter springs in them.
    I've not had any light strikes with MCARBO springs in my P365.
    Likewise I've not had any light strikes with lighter CGW springs in my CZ Phantom. Do you have CGW's extended firing pin in your SP-01?
    Regards,
    Greg
    Hi Greg, to be honest I'm not sure with my CZ as it was already modded when I bought it (will need to check with CGW, assuming they did the mods which I'm not sure of etc)? That said, only two needed successful second strikes out of at least 2000 rounds is pretty good etc.

Good to hear the Mcarbo springs are working fine in your 365, I guess I'll just need to try them on my PM9 unless any others chime in?

That said, I'm quite happy with my PM9's trigger as is as well.

Thanks!

Doug

Hi I've had no light strikes with the mcabo trigger springs in my PM9. And yes you can still stage the trigger. Come to think of it I've not read a out any light strike problems with mcabo trigger springs in anything after searching for reviews and reading a lot of them. They also make springs for the SIG P365 and all the reviews I've read about those are all positive as well.

I hope this helps you out in deciding to put the mcabo spring kit in your PM9 or not.

I also had them in a P9 and a CM9. I didn’t put a lot of rounds through them before I sold them but no light strikes.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.