Kahr Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fusion 1911's

Default Fusion 1911's

Anybody with first hand experience with Fusion 1911's? A Riptide kind of caught my eye on an auction site. Looks good, few reviews I found were positive. Wife is almost ready to distribute the loot.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I've been watching them for awhile Colonel. Bob, the owner, used to run Dan Wesson. Thing about them though is that there aren't a lot of reviews on them, and they've been sold out of some of their models far longer than you would think they should be.
    If I get one it will be a Bantam-R, which is a 3", in .45, because it is a steel framed gun. I believe all of their guns are. There regular Bantam, also a 3" doesn't have quite the refinement of the R model.

I don’t have first hand experience but the 1911 forum I frequent has very mixed reviews of fusion. Enough that I will probably never own one.

Is this the one you're looking at?

https://tombstonetactical.com/produc...product_detail
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Thats the gun but not the place I was looking. I found one that's been at 750 for several installments, guy goes with one day auctions. It has a left hand holster and 3 mags. But with shipping, transfer and tax it would be around 900 bucks.
    I found another yesterday that's also 750 with free shipping, two right hand holsters (good ones) and two mags. Still end up about 850 give or take.
    Wife is almost receptive to the idea. I should probably get her a Doc appointment, this isn't normal.
    What do you think. It's all steel but being a little 9 it should be a soft shooter. I'm kind of used to my 365 now days but I much prefer the look and feel of the 1911. Thought about an alloy frame 45, but after shooting a couple weeks ago, the alloy would have a definite bark. Never bothered me before but turning girlyman 9, the 45 barked pretty good.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Wife is almost receptive to the idea. I should probably get her a Doc appointment, this isn't normal.
    She didn’t take out a life insurance policy did she? I ask myself that when things start getting too agreeable. Makes me wonder if my days are numbered.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Maybe she plans to use this gun on me, she don't particularly like the 45.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Well if you get one of these too I would worry ....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I'm communicating with the little devils on my shoulders. Of course one is all go for it, the other is you don't need another gun. The first one says it's planning for the future, an all steel 9 for when I'm feeble and weak and can't handle the recoil. The 2nd of course says that will never happen. The first says even the high speed, low drag experts practice with 9's to save wear and tear on their wrist etc since they shoot a lot! Then carry 45's for carry.
    This would work in my case even though I don't shoot alot, but it's the same platform as my preferred carry 45's. Course the 2nd devil says, ya big whuuus, you been totin a girlyman 9mm 365 for months.
    Might be time for the coin flip.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

There are plenty of 1911's in 9mm ans one of the better of the ones I have shot was a Rock Island commander. Good trigger, all steel, I think they are still around $500. Most carry guns are for defending yourself and your family so I don't get too wrapped in aesthetics as long as it goes bang every time I pull the trigger.

That said, it was you colonel, that made me buy that pre owned Wilson Stealth in 45acp, so ignore what I said in the paragraph above.
    "Never pet a burning dog"