Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Kahr stay in 1999?

Default Will Kahr stay in 1999?

Revolvers versus a specific semi auto offering is an apples and oranges comparison.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Kahr single stack pistols do offer a unique trigger in the category. There seems to be enough demand for them to keep making these pistols but the evidence suggests that there’s not enough demand to invest in the R&D and retooling needed for a redesign to appeal to a broader market.

Personally, I hope Kahr does not go the way of the Double Stack or for God sake the red dot. I would not be interested. They have such a lovely well built, uni1que and practical guns now. In fact, as much as I do not need another gun, these post get me wanting another Kahr. But which one? I am doing a little research to find ONE MORE.
    Saw this. On sale for $379.00

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Revolvers versus a specific semi auto offering is an apples and oranges comparison.
    How about, Charter Arms? 5 to 7 round red dotless revolvers only? How does the company survive? Same way Kahr does, I guess. The there’s Kimber - what compelled them to make revolvers?
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

IMHO, Charter Arms sells to people that have less denaro and have less firearm knowledge. Between the lousy sights, lousy trigger, cylinder wobble, lousy finish, and binding issues, I don't think I would waste my time.

I learned that the hard way
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Do not know much about Charter Arms as I have never owned one. I do own a LCR9mm since it first came out in 2010 and never looked back. I own the Smith 642, but carry it more than the LCR because it is a lighter weight and shoots just fine. The 642 is most likely in every gun shop in America and keeps on trucking. Funny how Ruger has changed so many models over the Years, but the well built LCR just keeps on selling Have one in 22,cal as well and my favorite plinker of all time.

And if I had to carry only the LCR, it would not bother me one single bit. KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid seems to always be the best advice. Kahr CM9, small, simple, eloquent and so well built. (Lousy for spray and Pray)

Charter Arms was always hit and miss much like Taurus. Word on the street is both have improved considerably. Many years ago I had a 44 spl Bulldog Pug. It was great. Had a fine trigger and plenty accurate. For the life of me I can't recall why I ever parted with it. A good gunsmith at the time told me it wasn't worth trying to improve triggers as the metal was too soft etc. I've since from time to time looked for another but haven't followed through and probably won't. Have several revolvers, currently a Schofield top break is high on my list. Wish the slush fund would catch up with my desires.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    How about, Charter Arms? 5 to 7 round red dotless revolvers only? How does the company survive? Same way Kahr does, I guess. The there’s Kimber - what compelled them to make revolvers?
    The market for revolvers has seen very little innovation. There aren’t competitors with innovative products that offer more than Charter Arms.

The market for semi automatics has seen a lot of innovation. There are competitors with innovative products that offer more than Kahr Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    (Lousy for spray and Pray)
    I guess when you have weak arguments you have to resort to nonsensical insults.