Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are 2023 P380's and CW380's reliable?

Default Are 2023 P380's and CW380's reliable?

For a number of reasons I've been searching for an uber-small small pocket pistol.. I know the P380 / CW380 had their share quality issues for years, but are they good to go now?

Does the P380 now come from the factory with the Lakeline striker? Or has Kahr figured out how to manufacture reliable strikers on their own?

I've got a PM9 (circa 2019) and I've not had a single problem with it.
    Last edited by In2Deep; 07-04-2023 at 05:57 PM.

I have a CT380 purchased in early 2018 that’s been totally reliable through 900 rounds.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Does the P380 now come from the factory with the Lakeline striker? Or has Kahr figured out how to manufacture reliable strikers on their own?

Quote Originally Posted by RandyC View Post
    I don’t know if they come with the Lakeline striker. I had no problems with the original striker but I put a Lakeline in anyway after maybe 500 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I don’t know if they come with the Lakeline striker. I had no problems with the original striker but I put a Lakeline in anyway after maybe 500 rounds.
    I never knew there was a problem with the oem striker.

Quote Originally Posted by lesptr View Post
    I never knew there was a problem with the oem striker.
    Some owner’s experienced broken strikers. Lakeline developed a more robust striker that can be bought directly from Lakeline or from the Kahr website.

Is Kahr putting lakeline strikers in New production (2023) P380's?

Try calling or emailing Kahr.

I doubt Kahr is placing someone else's parts into their firearms. I have two 380's and never a issue. Maybe there was a bad batch at one time or some owner's would dry fire the heck out of them but I do not believe there is anything wrong. I have quite a bit of ammo fired from both, at least a thousand rounds through both and never a issue. I did buy a lakline but have not put it in. (If you had to send it back for whatever reason for warranty service, you would have to take it out).

Reminds me of the Beratta Pico. Some internet guy did not read directions which clearly stated to not dry fire them, He goes and dry fires his and breaks the firing pin. Then goes on to bash the gun because of this. Then the internet goes viral and before you know it, all pico's are breaking firing pins. Lol, I have three of them and a whole lot of ammo through them and never a issue. I did purchase a spare pin along with other parts to just keep on hand, but never replaced one.

My post from 2011:
    The firing pin on my P380 broke at about 900 rounds. I seldom would dry fire with out a snap cap. I don't like the fact Kahr's design does not incorporate a striker rebound spring. Kahr CS sent a new part ASAP.

At about 2600 rounds the P380 extractor broke while at the range. Kahr CS replaced it but gave me a hard time claiming I was using poor ammo. I guess Blazer Brass, WWB and Federal is not good enough.

Attached Images