Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Are 2023 P380's and CW380's reliable?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I too am considering a P380 to go with my EDC PM9, but was wondering about reliability with fluted ammo such as the Underwood Extreme Defender and Extreme Penetrator?

Anybody with P380 run these types of ammo, and if yes, how's reliability?

Also, any thoughts on Magguts +1 mag springs and followers for the P380? I run the Magguts in both types of mags in my PM9 and they've been flawless for years.

Thx!

Not metal bullets, but I've shot a lot of fluted ammo with polymer composite bullets such as ARX in a P380 and CW380 with no issues at all. Used to be able to buy them in bulk for almost the same price as regular fmj, so during that period I used them for range ammo. Now, its my SD ammo only but I still shoot a mag or so at the range occasionally to be sure it will work if needed.
    Same with Magguts in the mag. Adds a round, works fine. Its a pain to install or remove for cleaning, but thats the only issue.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    Not metal bullets, but I've shot a lot of fluted ammo with polymer composite bullets such as ARX in a P380 and CW380 with no issues at all. Used to be able to buy them in bulk for almost the same price as regular fmj, so during that period I used them for range ammo. Now, its my SD ammo only but I still shoot a mag or so at the range occasionally to be sure it will work if needed.
    Same with Magguts in the mag. Adds a round, works fine. Its a pain to install or remove for cleaning, but thats the only issue.
    Good info!

BTW, you're probably aware, but if not the easy way to assemble the Magguts components is to stick them in and hold them fully inserted with your thumb, then put a small punch or screwdriver through the bottom round count hole, then you only have a small portion of spring to depress while adding the base plate. Finally, remove the punch or screwdriver and you're done.

Thanks!