Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TP-45 picks and review thread

Default TP-45 picks and review thread

First some pictures

Raven Phantom Modular Holsters

Release deburred by Accurate Iron

Lessions learned.
    1. All the Kahr .45 owners need to push Heinie and Warren to make sights. I sent my slide into have Heinie to install the straight 8s only to find the slide cuts are differant Looks like I will have to end up with Novaks or keep waiting

2. Holster selection is very limited. Mitch Rosen and Raven look to be it for now. The mags fit into my 1911 pouches though

I am happy with what I see so far. Good trigger, nice size and weight.

I just finished my first range session with the TP45. I had frankly expected to have more felt recoil. I'm doing the break in, but screwed up an important detail, LUBE! Shooting it dry I had three slide locks for the first mag. Through the next 100 rounds I had two stove pipes. The ammo also caused a the end of the slide and the hood of the barrel to discolor. Sort of a rainbow hue, but on inspection was powder residue, never noticed it before on a pistol.

Overall accurate, controlable, time and lube will say if is reliable. I was shooting .27 splits and a few .18. I am not that high speed with a pistol though so don't let that concern you. Bottom line it is not unpleasant to shoot.

I may end up selling off my Kimber for a second TP-45, but I'm hoping Kahrgirl and company will spring a T-45 on us with the following perks by SHOT:

1. 8 round mag's. My TP Mags are the same size as the 8 shot 1911 mags, change the follower and make them work please
    2. Heinie or Warren two dot Night Sights
    3. Make it availible with the rubber grips also(I could use a set for my T-9 while you're at it).
    4. Steel base plate with provisions to mount one of the mag bumper pads like CP or just include the bumpers. 10-8 makes a good example for the M&P Line:

Did some work on the issue with the sights yeasterday. Going back to my issue with getting Heinie's mounted. I think it's fixed. I had an exchange with Heinie and Kahr about my slide cuts. The .45's use the new slide cuts and the Heinie's should fit with out any issue. Going back to Heinie today to have them send out a sight set to Accurate Iron to match up with my slide. If the slide cuts are off then I'll send both back to Kahr.

FYI, I have also checked with Novaks for thier Bar Dot Sites(Discontinued) and Warren (no plans for production, yet) for two dot night sights. I have the XS sights on my PM, but don't like them, so once I get this worked out I'll repost some pics.

My slide is back from getting a melt job at Accurate Iron

Name the Sight system:

Heinie:

Would you mind taking a photo comparison of your TP45 and your Kimber (I'm assuming it's a govt model)? Also, could you take a picture with the slide locked back, a mag in with some rounds in it, focusing on the area where the breech face interfaces with the cartridge from the top of the slide? I'm interested in seeing if some recent PM45 issues are due to size restrictions, where the TP45 may not have that problem.

I'd greatly appreciate it
    ~Mike F.
    April 19th, 1775 - when marksmanship met history, and the heritage began. Liberty, Heritage, and Marksmanship.

Are you a Rifleman or a cook? Attend an Appleseed event and discover your heritage.

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

I like the "melt" job. It looks like the slide serrations are rounded off too.... correct?

Do you feel the need for a drop of Loctite in the sight set screw?

What's the chance of a range report after the slide and sight job? The TP45 might be my next addition, so I'd be interested in your impressions.
    Last edited by ripley16; 03-14-2010 at 05:01 AM.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Great looking work. I agree with the "sights" comment and hope that Kahr can get other companies on board to start making additional accessories for our guns.
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

I-Y-G

http://designlinetx.com/

I finaly fit in a range session. The slide is smooth as can be, but not slick. The bead blast matted the slide and gives a little grip to it. Now that I lubed it it is shooting fine, no issues with function for this 200 rounds.

Doesn't crossbreed make a holster for that 1?

N.D.

I like the melt-job too. Maybe I'll get it done on my MK some day.

BTW, why don't you like the XS-Big Dot sights? I was seriously thinking about these (or TFO's) for my MK and XD9sc?

Can you describe any issues and your reasoning before I get them?

Thanks.

Id also like to know what you don't llike about the xs dot sights