Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New round rattles in chamber

Just measure the chamber. It is either in spec or not. Yes or no question. This is not a debate topic. it is either bigger or smaller than .3809 inch. Dan edit: It could also be exactly .3809
    Last edited by Whaleman; 08-02-2023 at 07:19 PM.

My bones rattle when I shake them, but I'm still standing...........................

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    My bones rattle when I shake them, but I'm still standing...........................
    Your lucky, you can still hear them rattle. I use to be about 6' tall. Down to about 5 10"

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Your lucky, you can still hear them rattle. I use to be about 6' tall. Down to about 5 10"
    You and me both......................

Thank you for the responses. I feel better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Terror Wrist View Post
    20 of the rounds fired were Underwood +P Xtreme Defenders (1400 FPS), but I read that the P380 is good for +P.
    Be careful with the +P ammo. I shot a couple of boxes of Underwood +P through my relatively new P380 several years ago and the slide failed to go into battery. The guide rod spring was getting hung up on the frame. I sent it back to Kahr and they said the frame was warped. They had to file down the high point in the frame so the slide could operate normally again. Given that the frame is probably now weaker than it was before being filed down, I will not use +P in it again. And I am not the only person on these forums this has happened to. Irrespective of Kahr's claims, I highly recommend against +P ammo if you want to keep your P380 in peak condition.

Quote Originally Posted by XFlyboy View Post
    Be careful with the +P ammo. I shot a couple of boxes of Underwood +P through my relatively new P380 several years ago and the slide failed to go into battery. The guide rod spring was getting hung up on the frame. I sent it back to Kahr and they said the frame was warped. They had to file down the high point in the frame so the slide could operate normally again. Given that the frame is probably now weaker than it was before being filed down, I will not use +P in it again. And I am not the only person on these forums this has happened to. Irrespective of Kahr's claims, I highly recommend against +P ammo if you want to keep your P380 in peak condition.
    Just bought some and shot with no issues. Will be going out and try and get some pictures with these rounds with the Kahr and the Pico. It will have to perform better for me to carry as I do not get the accuracy I do with the PrecisionOne Plus P. I do shoot this ammo in 32 keltec and like it a lot.

Precision One +P is probably OK. I've shot that too. Not as potent as the Underwood. If you experiment with +P as I did hopefully you are the original owner of your P380 so you have a lifetime warranty. If not, your P380 will become junk if you warp the frame as I did.

Precision One +P is probably OK. I've shot that too. Not as potent as the Underwood. If you experiment with +P as I did hopefully you are the original owner of your P380 so you have a lifetime warranty. If not, your P380 will become junk if you warp the frame as I did.
    Just got back from the range and put two magazines each of the Underwood 90gr Plus P. through the Beretta Pico and Kahr CW380. Yes, you can feel it is a hotter ammo but no big deal. Both guns ran without a single hiccup. Checked both gun's thoroughly with a magnifying glass when I came home. No signs of any issues at all. Will I carry it? Not sure yet, Most likely will stick with the PrecisionOne Plus P. I buy it in bulk.
    A note of the precision. It is NOT a hot ammo. Actually quite mild. And for me extremely accurate.'
    Back when "Shooting the Bull" rated it #1, a few years later they came out with the Plus P. This is not a hot ammo, only a little more power of about 50' per second. Certainly nothing the Kahr or Pico cannot handle.
    I am trying to figure out why you had the issue you describe? I mean, I did a little research and people were shooting it out of a LCP. I am guessing a bad batch or perhaps a weak recoil spring. Springs on these little guns need to be changed often.

They filed down a warped frame?!?

That sounds more like Bubba in his tool shed than a gunsmith at a gun manufacturer.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.