Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Problems with older CM9s?

Default Any Problems with older CM9s?

I just bought a used but like brand new CM9 that I found out was made June 2011. It appeared to never have been fired and came with 3 magazines and a holster for a great price. I've fired over 200 rounds through it since I bought it using various ammunition with only one failure to feed mid-point in a Kahr brand 7-round magazine. Have there been any updates or recalls on this older pistol I should know about? Thanks for any information this knowledgeable le group may have.
    Last edited by Camper Guy; 07-18-2023 at 11:28 AM. Reason: spelling

I'd say your good to go. There are no major issues that I'm aware of on any of the CW's.
    My motto is if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Welcome to the forum.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Like Bawanna said, you should be good to go. I’ve never had a problem with the 6 round mags. Welcome by the way.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I have a PM9, but it's been failure free and is practically the same pistol.

When I bought the Kahr, it was and is a gun that is designed with quality for a lifetime. My guess is the gun is perfect. That said, I did buy a used one and replaced the mag release spring and recoil spring. (simple, easy task). Probably more rounds through it than yours. Personally I would purchase a additional, new Magazine. Shoot the mag after break in and make that my Carry Mag.
    Congrats on your new Kahr. You are going to love it.

Thank you. The only problem I had was with the 7-round magazine. I think I will buy another 6 and call it good with the 2 6 rounders for carry and save the 7 for the range.

Thanks. I'm loving it for summer carry over my HK VP9SK.

If anything, my early cm9 seemed better quality than a later one that I handled. You are good to go.

My CM9 was built in October 2011. I bought it in June 2012. It's been error free for me with the exception of a broken mag follower. I contacted Kahr and they sent me 2. I haven't broken another so I still have a spare. I've put about 800 rounds through it.

I put another 200 rounds through it today -- flawless!!